question about San Francisco port

has anyone recently taken a cruise that disembarked in San Francisco? if so, did they take your cruise card as u disembarked? we took an alaska cruise on the Dawn Princess in July and they took our cards as we disembarked. we filed a complaint with Princess as we like to keep our cards to put in our scrapbook of each cruise plus my DH was upset as all our personal info was on that card. Princess says that the US customs and border protection for the port of san francisco has required all cruise cards to be taken as each customer disembarks. i went in the Princess boards and some said that a friend of theirs had taken another cruise line to san francisco and they didnt get their cards taken. now i'm wondering if Princess was being honest. thank you!

has anyone recently taken a cruise that disembarked in San Francisco? if so, did they take your cruise card as u disembarked? we took an alaska cruise on the Dawn Princess in July and they took our cards as we disembarked. we filed a complaint with Princess as we like to keep our cards to put in our scrapbook of each cruise plus my DH was upset as all our personal info was on that card. Princess says that the US customs and border protection for the port of san francisco has required all cruise cards to be taken as each customer disembarks. i went in the Princess boards and some said that a friend of theirs had taken another cruise line to san francisco and they didnt get their cards taken. now i'm wondering if Princess was being honest. thank you!

How odd :confused: I also keep my SeaPass cards. I've never heard of RCI keeping the card; they didn't when we left out of SF. You just "clock out" as you leave the ship (and pray that you didn't leave your wallet in the safe, like I did, last weekend). :eek:

Archived