Palma Car Hire

Has anyone ever hired a car in Palma for the day while they have been in port? Does anyone know the nearest car rental company to the Destiny's port berth? We are looking at a trip to the Inca Market and as there are 4 of us we thought that it may be cheaper and more convenient to hire a car for the day. Any suggestions welcome:)

Hi Zetarose and ScaryMary, not long now! September awaits. What time does your flight land / depart? will you have any time to sight see in Palma? Get your camera ready when you go to the ship, as the bus passes right past the cathedral on the way to the port. Alternatively you could take your picture of the marina and cathedral with a zoom lense while sipping a cocktail or two on the open deck or in the sky bar once your aboard!!:)

Hi Rosebaskets,Im counting the days down now,getting very excited,still bit nervous being my first cruise but looking forward to it.

Our flight is 7am flying from Birmingham International,I will be running on board to check out the excursions and then grabbing a cocktail before heading out to visit Palma,hoping to see as much as we can before heading back to the ship,will try not to spend all the Euros in Palma:rolleyes:

Are you on a cruise before this one,where are you flying from,Im hoping to find Mary while in Palma airport,we are letting each other know which cabins we are in once we find out.How long before the cruise should I be collecting my tickets etc?

Hi Zetarose, you'll get on board for about 1pm so I should go into Palma before you start with the cocktails! Good luck finding ScaryMary in Palma airport! My wife and I got split up in Palma airport in May and it took me three hours to find her (and I knew what she looked like!)

We fly out on the 18th at 13.50 from LBA (Little Boring Airport) and so don't arrive in time to sight-see on the first day. We'll be practicing our SOLAS (life boat) drill ready for inspection before we sail! Thomson used to do their life boat drills on the day at sea, the day after setting sail, so if the ship were to sink on the first night most people would have been

*^&%ed, but I digress

My tickets arrived today at the travel agent, so I would assume yours will arrive next Monday.

During our first week we have hired a car for Mahon, which will be parked outside the ship's berth when we arrive. £36 for a days hire including kids seats, which is much better than paying for a beach transfer for the 4 of us which cost £76 on our last cruise!

Still trying to find a car hire company in Palma as good as the one in Mahon

Hi Rosebaskets,you have made me very excited now knowing i should finally be getting my hands on my tickets.Made me laugh out loud reading about you losing your other half even when you knew what she looked like:D

I will be super glued to my partner,or should that be other way round seeing as I will be looking after passports and money:rolleyes:

Archived