Alternate Routes for 3-Day Sky?

mobydog

Hi all- we are on the 3 day sailing of the Sky departing on Friday, September 5th. With Hanna nearing Florida Friday morning and Ike lingering over the Bahamas on Saturday...do you have any idea for a three day cruise what our alternate routes could be? I would love to be re-routed to Cozumel if there is time...but would be disappointed to only go to Key West (we live in Florida so this is not what we consider a cruise destination as we have driven there before).

Just looking for thoughts or if anyone else has ever been re-routed on a three day Bahamas cruise before.

Hi all- we are on the 3 day sailing of the Sky departing on Friday, September 5th. With Hanna nearing Florida Friday morning and Ike lingering over the Bahamas on Saturday...do you have any idea for a three day cruise what our alternate routes could be? I would love to be re-routed to Cozumel if there is time...but would be disappointed to only go to Key West (we live in Florida so this is not what we consider a cruise destination as we have driven there before).

Just looking for thoughts or if anyone else has ever been re-routed on a three day Bahamas cruise before.

The options are not that good. You can't make it to Cozumel and back on a 3 night cruise. It would just be 3 nights at sea with maybe more if you can't make it back to Miami. Well, that is not so bad... There have been ships that disembarked in Tampa after leaving Miami when weather has been an issue.

You could possibly sail to Mexico for a 3 night cruise, but there would be little if any time to leave the ship. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I loved when NCL had 4 night cruises to Mexico and I would hope that a 3 nighter is possible as the Bahamas is not nearly as nice of a destination.

Archived