Information on Ken's Hinterland Tours

echusky

I will be in Dominca on February 22, 2004, on the Carnival Destiny....I'm contemplating Ken's Hinterland Ti Tou Gorge Trafalgar Falls & Emerald Pool Tour...I'm looking for any past experiences on this tour...

Is the hike very hard?

Is the water cold?

Are the bugs bad?

Hi... We were in Dominica last week on the Golden Princess. I would highly recommend Ken and his tours. My wife and I had time to do Emerald Falls and then to Ti Tou Gorge. My wife said Dominica is her new all time favorite island!

You are in the mountains and it is up and down, rough steps, and over uneven paths in places. The hike is not a flat smooth trail, but not too bad either. It is not too long at either place, we were hiking 5-15 mins perhaps. Ti Tou Gorge involves swimming between the rocks in some places. My wife is not a swimmer and Ken provides float belts. She said she was comfortable doing this tour, it is worth it. The water is not "cold". It is cooler than the air. Some places also have hot water streams.

I did not notice bugs. I asked if they were a problem as I wasn't seeing any. Apparently they are not bad.

We were in the good hands of Lambert and very much enjoyed our tour through Ken.

Stebul,

I e-mailed Ken and set up something myself. It was only my wife and I so I guess you can consider that private. I didn't ask about a group but I guess that would work as well. You could ask if he had a group that day and if you could join one. We were limited by how much time we had in the port so we had the waterfall combo. It was Emerald Falls and ti tou gorge, as well as a bit of island tour mixed in. It was $140 for both of us. Even with a private tour this was less than the ship's tour prices for less than what we got, so we didn't think the cost was too bad. Ken was very responsive with e-mail so e-mail him and let him know what time and interest you have, and he will put together something to suit you.

Archived