booking your cruise

aelittleb

i have been on several cruises, only 2 of which i personally booked. the one i booked i used a travel agent for the cruise only and did the plane tickets myself. we are considering book a cruise for the spring and i was wondering if i should use a travel agent, book myself or book directly through ncl. any thoughts or opinions? thanks :o

For our cruise in December, I booked through NCL (on-line). I then noticed that a TA was offering a discount ($300.00 pp). I called the TA and they had my booking transferred to them and I saved some money. My suggestion, do your own research...talk to your TA and also check the NCL website....I would use whomever has the better offer for you.

For our cruise in December, I booked through NCL (on-line). I then noticed that a TA was offering a discount ($300.00 pp). I called the TA and they had my booking transferred to them and I saved some money. My suggestion, do your own research...talk to your TA and also check the NCL website....I would use whomever has the better offer for you.

This thread had piqued my curiosity. If you were to book the air and sea combo with NCL, would a TA still let you take advantage of their discounts by transferring to them? My understanding is that the airlines no longer pay commissions. I prefer to book my own air as I've always found it much cheaper (except for open jaw flights) but this got me wondering. :confused:

I've always booked with a TA with the one exception being a while ago where I booked with the cruiseline, then transferred it my TA. Transferring a booking can be a good thing especially with a competative market!:D Just make sure you read the small print!;)

This thread had piqued my curiosity. If you were to book the air and sea combo with NCL, would a TA still let you take advantage of their discounts by transferring to them? My understanding is that the airlines no longer pay commissions. I prefer to book my own air as I've always found it much cheaper (except for open jaw flights) but this got me wondering. :confused:

MrLee - I don't know the answer to your question. :( We have always booked our own flights because we have also found cheaper flights or used our air miles or chose to drive to the port.

Mr Lee - I don't know the answer to your question. :( We have always booked our own flights because we have also found cheaper flights or used our air miles or chose to drive to the port.

I've always booked with a TA with the one exception being a while ago where I booked with the cruiseline, then transferred it my TA. Transferring a booking can be a good thing especially with a competative market!:D Just make sure you read the small print!;)

I completely agree....read the small print!

Archived