South America Cruise

CruisinJohn14

I have been looking into a South American cruise and I have a few questions since I have never been to South America before. I been looking at a 2 week cruise going around Cape Horn. I am trying to do as much as possiable while I am there. I was wondering what are the must see places in South America? What are the best ports of call? Also is there any cruise line or itenerary that does Anartica too? I highly doubt there is but i just thought I would ask to because a few members in the group would love to go to Antarctica.

South America is FABULOUS! My favorite ports would be Buenos Aires (absolutely spend extra time here - it's worth it), Falkland Islands (do know that sometimes this port is skipped due to weather), and Ushuaia. In addition, I highly recommend taking a pre- or post-cruise trip up to Iguazu Falls, Argentina. One of the largest falls in the world and truly spectacular.

As far as I know, neither RCCL nor Celebrity's itineraries include any time in Antarctica. Of the larger ship lines, Princess and HAL have a tradition of a couple sailings per year into Antarctica, though due to their size, they're prohibited from doing any landings on the Continent. Doesn't matter - it's still spectacular and you see a lot. I went on Star Princess last year (look around and you can probably find my blog/review and my pics), and am going again this year it was so wonderful.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask any questions you have. I love this area!

South America is FABULOUS! My favorite ports would be Buenos Aires (absolutely spend extra time here - it's worth it), Falkland Islands (do know that sometimes this port is skipped due to weather), and Ushuaia. In addition, I highly recommend taking a pre- or post-cruise trip up to Iguazu Falls, Argentina. One of the largest falls in the world and truly spectacular.

As far as I know, neither RCCL nor Celebrity's itineraries include any time in Antarctica. Of the larger ship lines, Princess and HAL have a tradition of a couple sailings per year into Antarctica, though due to their size, they're prohibited from doing any landings on the Continent. Doesn't matter - it's still spectacular and you see a lot. I went on Star Princess last year (look around and you can probably find my blog/review and my pics), and am going again this year it was so wonderful.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask any questions you have. I love this area!

Celebrity Infinity has two itineraries r/t from Buenos Aires in Jan and Feb of 2010 going to Antarctica as well as the Falkland Islands and Ushuaia. We are on the 2/14 sailing.

Celebrity Infinity has two itineraries r/t from Buenos Aires in Jan and Feb of 2010 going to Antarctica as well as the Falkland Islands and Ushuaia. We are on the 2/14 sailing.

Thank you! I'd missed those in the schedule. I knew they'd been there in the past, but hadn't found them this year. Appreciate that :)

Archived