Insignia, May 15, 2009

joan24

Is anyone else besides PA Nana and us on this cruise? I posted on roll calls and didn't get any responses. I hope it's only because the cruise is so far away. We'd love to get to meet others on this cruise prior to sailing. It's so much fun sharing information and perhaps tours. Looking forward to hearing from anyone cruising with us.

Joan

Joan24-

We book everything early, so we go through this angst with every cruise.

You'll find that the Roll Call will build in the "9 to 6 months" out timeframe.

This is frustrating to we organized few, who realize that the best guides are booked a full year out, however, there is nothing we can do about it beside booking a tour with the option for others to be added on later.

There are even those who won't start looking for tours until a few weeks before they sail...........it takes all kinds to make a world!

Thanks for the response StanandJim,

I always plan so far ahead. I have Marcello booked for the Amalfi coast for our second tour with him. Our first cruise with O was a Baltic cruise in 2004 and everyone was so into arranging tours and meeting with others. The cruise line was new and everyone was excited. Hopefully, we'll get more responses from fellow cruisers.

Joan

I have Marcello booked for the Amalfi coast for our second tour with him.

Joan24-

We used Marcello for the Amalfi Drive also. He was great. Did you have the luncheon that he proposed? Oh My Gosh, it was something like 8 courses, with wines to match and it cost something like $25 a head! Amazing.......one of our only bargains in Italy! And the view from the restaurant was to die for!

Have you booked anyone for Florence or Monte Carlo yet?

We had a great time with Marcello and I absolutely agree about the lunch. It was amazing. They just kept bringing out more and more food, and this was their "light lunch". We're just going to do the ship's transfer into Florence and walk around. We were there for a week last October. We used a guide, Pauline Priore, that we've used several times before. We went to Castello di Verrazano for a tour, wine tasting, and lunch. It was definitely a highlight of our tour. We don't go to Monte Carlo this cruise. We'll be going to St. Tropez where we haven't been before. We used Sylvie di Cristo out of Monte Carlo a couple of times. If you want her email just email me at rcohen3989@aol.com.

Joan

Archived