specialty restaurant on dream???

lpglarry

There are two specialty restaurants -- Le Bistro (French) and Trattoria (Italian). Le Bistro has an additional cover charge per person, but Trattoria does not. Le Bistro was $15 per person.

I don't know if you can reserve before boarding. We reserved two nights shortly after we embarked on Sunday so we could have some extra flexibility in our dining schedule (we ended up canceling one of the two nights to save money). We had no issues with getting the times we wanted. I would suggest booking early when you get on board so you have the most options available to you... and if you like escargot, order two right off the bat (12 total snails). It is phenomenal!

We didn't love Trattoria (it was good, but not any better than the regular restaurants), so we only ate there once. We only ate at Le Bistro once too, but that had more to do with where we wanted to put our money than anything else.

Hope this helps!

You can not make reservations prior to boarding the ship. Below are all your dining options:

The Terraces

Main Dining Room $0 B, L, D

Four Seasons

Main Dining Room $0 B, L, D

Pizzeria

Pizza Buffet $0 B, L, D

Sport's Bar & Grill

American Fare $0 D

La Trattoria

Italian Restaurant $10 pp D

Le Bistro

French Restaurant $15 pp D

I mean the receipt you get at the end of the cruise for all the on-board charges. I guess it's not so much a receipt as a line-item listing of what you spent on the ship. Drinks at various bars, Le Bistro, excursions, etc were all on there, but Trattoria was not. We were never asked for our guest cards for swiping while we were in the Italian restaurant, nor was anyone else around us. Le Bistro did take our card (and other guests') at the end of the meal to charge our on-board accounts, though.

I hope that clears up what I meant... :D

We just cruised on the Dream last month. As mentioned already, Le Bistro has a $15 cover charge and requires reservations. Not sure about making them before you board - we did not eat there.

Trattoria had no cover charge and did not require reservations. We ate there twice. First night we just walked in - no lines. After people caught on, it was more crowded. The second night we were seated with 2 other couples as there were no smaller tables available. We had a very enjoyable dinner.

Archived