Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plowy

"Blue divers" Bonaire..

has anyone been with this company??, Am cruising in November and want to book a two tank dive while ship is in the port for a day, are these people reliable and OK, any info welcome, Thanks.

A good place to ask Bonaire questions is http://www.bonairetalk.com

Maybe check http://www.infobonaire.com too

I don't know when the ship arrives/departs, but most diveshops are on a schedule with a trip at 8 or 9 am, etc.

Very good shore diving is available on the entire lee side of the island--I would do that. There are lots of resorts with associated dive shops with nice diving right out front. That's a lot of what we do when we go there--dive out front. Personal favorite--Habitat.

We're arriving by ship at 1pm in January. can you do shore diving in the afternoon without the local test which I thought was required?

We're arriving by ship at 1pm in January. can you do shore diving in the afternoon without the local test which I thought was required?

The "test" is just a twenty minute speech followed by a shore dive on the house reef by yourself. After that you are on your own. If you rent a car for the day, I prefer the southern sites (Hilma Hooker), but the house reef right there at Buddy/Sand Dollar is really nice as well.