Disembarking in Venice

We're on the Ruby next Spring, ending our cruise in Venice. What time can we reasonably expect to be off the ship and on our way to drop our bags off at our Venice hotel?

Just trying to decide whether to make some reservations for later that morning for Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries tour. Don't want to be under too much pressure.

Thanks!

Just got back from ending in Venice. I heard of people being scheduled for disembarkation at 4 for a 7:00 flight. No problem getting off early. You can also store your luggage in the terminal for a 24 period. I think it was 4 EU per bag.

For those returning to the ship for an extra nite in port, it is easy to get off the ship very early. However, sounds like when you disembark, that is the end of the cruise. In that situation, the ship can be cleared very fast or it can take hours! Depends on the port authority, on how fast those people who don't respond to the announcements pay their bill & appear for passport clearance on the ship, and how far back you are in the disembarking sequence.

If you will lose money on the tour if you don't show up, I'd give yourself a lot of time. If there is not a possible money loss, pick the time you want & hope for the best.

Have fun!

Archived