Question for 138East

lianakcc

Hello...From your posts it seems you are very familiary with the public transportation system. I'm hoping you can help me with transportation from the Dock to Fenway park. Using the trip planner at the MBTA site, it looks to be about an hour trip. Does that sound right?

I imagine it would be quicker by cab? Do you know approximately how long and how much a cab ride would be?

Thanks for your help!

Liana

I really can't imagine the trip would take an hour!

I pulled it up on the MBTA trip planner and it was sending you there via the commuter rail. Really bad advice.

You take the Silver Line to South Station and then the Red Line inbound to Park St. and then any outbound trolley to Kenmore Square. Depending on the connections it could take about 30 minutes.

The cab estimator says the cab fare would be about $30.

What day of the week and what time would you be doing this?

Actually, that is a good time to travel. The commuter traffic is not going from Black Falcon to South Station. It is going the other way. South Station to Park and Park to Kenmore will be busier. However, the T will still be on a rush hour schedule. It may take a little more than 30 minutes; however, a cab could really get stuck in traffic at that hour.

At South Station you transfer to the Red line to Alewife. Get on the back of the train. I forget how the Green line is marked at Park St - it may be Outbound. Pick the one that doesn't say Lechmere. You can take any trolley to Kenmore - this is a real Boston experience!

Archived