Emerald Princess Venice´s Grand Canal navigation video

Supertec

Hi mates!

A new video incoming!:D

The day before we embarked onboard, Emerald Princess arrived to Venice. This video shows her navigation through Venice´s Grand Canal.

We were lucky to see that from our hotel, there are no words to describe the moment viewing such a big ship passing just a few meters of us.

Simply "MERAVIGLIOSO"

Enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I can't believe the Italians need money so badly they would allow a ship of this size on the Grand Canal. I am glad our visits to Venice were before this monstrosity appeared.

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I can't believe the Italians need money so badly they would allow a ship of this size on the Grand Canal. I am glad our visits to Venice were before this monstrosity appeared.

hi there, no ship can sail up the grand canal, whatever you are refering to ? if you have visited Venice you would know that. and as for italians needing money well thats debateble as are many issues in life.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm - I think the waterway is called 'Canale San Marco' and I wouldn't worry about these large ships going up and down it as there are numerous car ferries / cargo ships that ply their trade on it too.

Hello,

Cruise ships of any size do not sail on Venice's Grand Canal. They sail on the Giudeca Canal which is much much bigger than the Grand Canal.

And I am sure that there are no plans to enlarge the Grand Canal to handle cruise ships of any size...Venice is not going to tear down bridges to do so.

Fred

Archived