Calling Mr. Barbados...Again

1kycat

First of all, it’s very nice of you to take the time to answer so many questions in the kind manner in which you do. We all appreciate it greatly.

So if you’re patience hasn’t ran dry, I have a few selfish questions….

Our cruise ship will bring us to Barbados on January 24, and will be in port from 11am-7pm. My wife and I and our 6 yr old daughter have tentative plans to rent a car from a company who delivers to the dock, and drive north to Harrison’s cave and the Wildlife Reserve with possible quick stops at the Welchman Hall Gully and the Flower Forest (Worth it?) in between. We then thought that we would drive west to the coast and find a nice beach (Mullins?) to spend the rest of our time at.

My questions: Is Errol Barrow Day always celebrated on Mondays? If so…Do you happen to know whether this will cause any closings or extra traffic?

How does the drive down the coast on H1 compare with H2A? Much slower?

Can you recommend a bottle of liquor (I assume rum) from the Island, that would make a good gift here in the states?

Is there a Bar/Restaurant on Mullins Beach that we should enter through or aim for?

And please feel free to make any observations or recommendations as to our plans.

Thanks so much

Calling Mr. Barbados...Again

First of all, it’s very nice of you to take the time to answer so many questions in the kind manner in which you do. We all appreciate it greatly.

My pleasure

So if you’re patience hasn’t ran dry, I have a few selfish questions….

My patience never runs dry when helping people that want to help themselves

Our cruise ship will bring us to Barbados on January 24, and will be in port from 11am-7pm. My wife and I and our 6 yr old daughter have tentative plans to rent a car from a company who delivers to the dock, and drive north to Harrison’s cave and the Wildlife Reserve with possible quick stops at the Welchman Hall Gully and the Flower Forest (Worth it?) in between. We then thought that we would drive west to the coast and find a nice beach (Mullins?) to spend the rest of our time at.

Sounds good except you may want to scratch Flower Forest and spend the time at a beach

My questions: Is Errol Barrow Day always celebrated on Mondays? If so…Do you happen to know whether this will cause any closings or extra traffic?

Errol barrow Day is always on January 21st. Little, if any, extra traffic except at celebration sites

How does the drive down the coast on H1 compare with H2A? Much slower?

Actually, no, as there is less traffic. Scenery is better as H1 is always the same and busy.

Can you recommend a bottle of liquor (I assume rum) from the Island, that would make a good gift here in the states?

There are decanters that represent figures on the island and the island’s history, but the rum is not good. If your friends are rum drinkers, this is what they’ll love:

Mt. Gay Extra Old Barbados Rum

rum.JPG

It is simply wonderful and cheap!

Is there a Bar/Restaurant on Mullins Beach that we should enter through or aim for?

No, it’s easy access with a new parking lot across the street. No worries!

Please see my post below this one RE:Mullins or Paynes....it's a toss-up, really

And please feel free to make any observations or recommendations as to our plans.

I love your plans! I just hope you have enough time. Good choices and hats-off to you for doing your homework!

Best wishes for a wonderful time on the island!:)

Archived