Review of the Spirit 9-14-2008 Canada/New England Sailing

AuntieBarb

Thanks for commenting!

Tell me more about this Spirit cruise next year. Are you referring to the repositioning cruise or something else?

Great review! Glad you & Paul had a wonderful cruise (again!);)

The 14 day is just before our 16 day repositioning next Sept,

Maybe a month at sea??:eek:

Jim&Judi

I love that they're doing the one way itinerary next year (they combined two for the 14 day, happily with some different stops in each direction); wish they'd do the same with Alaska.

I found it. Very nice! I'd jump on that one too if we weren't already booked around the same time.

14-Day Canada & New England Boston Round-trip

Ship: Norwegian Spirit

Embarkation port: Boston

Embarkation: Sep 25, 2009

Disembarkation: Oct 9, 2009

Ports of call: Boston; Bar Harbor; Saint John (Bay Of Fundy); Halifax; Sydney; La Baie; Quebec City; Sept Îles; Charlottetown; Portland

Great review! Glad you & Paul had a wonderful cruise (again!);)

The 14 day is just before our 16 day repositioning next Sept,

Maybe a month at sea??:eek:

Jim&Judi

Thanks, Jim! Good to see you!

Both nice cruises. We'd love to be on the repo with you too!

Remember George & Michelle? We had such a great time with them!

IMG_0590.jpg

Wow, great review. I was also on this cruise. I had no idea that my husband and I were having breakfast next to AuntieBarb and UnclePaulie in Cagney's. How were your eggs?

:p LOL! The eggs were overcooked a couple of times and the hollandaise was often cold. Still an enjoyable breakfast.

Wendy, you joined our roll call early on. I don't recall meeting you at the M&G. Change your mind?

Great Review. I am thinking about the Boston to Bermuda Cruise in May or June of 2009. I have been on 3 other cruises and I want to try NCL Spirit. #1 because I live in Boston and I really do not want to fly this time around. #2 I have never been to Bermuda and this to me seems like a win win deal. I love the free style concept. All my past cruises have been great but this set dinner time is not for me. My only concern is the negative posts I have been reading about the Spirit breaking down and being dingy. I just want to be clean, comfortable and decently fed. I am glad you got to visit Boston, you chose great things to do. I am thinking about making a deposit soon as there are a few decent promotions going on. Do you happen to know if this ship is going into drydock before the Spring sailings start in Boston. I would like to get a balcony cabin, do you have any suggestions. I had an aft balcony on the Valor 2 years ago but the noise from above was horrible and cost me a fortune. Not my best cruise, it was because of that and every other announcement was followed by make sure to tip your waiter, room steward, and so on. I would never think not to tip unless something was really really bad. I think some of these ships get to big that the crew gets overworked and resentful. I want to try a smaller ship and I hope not to be dissapointed. I would appreciate anyones input. Thank you.

Great Review. I am thinking about the Boston to Bermuda Cruise in May or June of 2009. I have been on 3 other cruises and I want to try NCL Spirit. #1 because I live in Boston and I really do not want to fly this time around. #2 I have never been to Bermuda and this to me seems like a win win deal. I love the free style concept. All my past cruises have been great but this set dinner time is not for me. My only concern is the negative posts I have been reading about the Spirit breaking down and being dingy. I just want to be clean, comfortable and decently fed. I am glad you got to visit Boston, you chose great things to do. I am thinking about making a deposit soon as there are a few decent promotions going on. Do you happen to know if this ship is going into drydock before the Spring sailings start in Boston.

The Spirit repositions to New Orleans on 10/18 and will go into dry dock for roughly the first half of November before resuming sailings.

Compared to our cruise on the Spirit in Nov '07, we didn't see any apparent cause for alarm; only superficial things like small spots of rust here and there that the crew was actively painting, along with varnishing railings. That type of maintenance is ongoing on any ship.

But she'll be getting necessary work done on the engine/propulsion issues while in dry dock, along with other necessary upgrades. So planning a spring cruise would be perfect IMO!

Just look over the deck plans and try to locate a balcony that is under quieter areas if that is a concern. We had no issue being under the fitness center, despite reading other complaints and we've been in that stateroom twice now!

I was thrilled to find your in depth review of the Spirit with pictures and copies of activities. I'm leading a group on this exact itinerary in October, and would LOVE to have a copy of all the pages in the Freestyle Daily newsletter. I would be happy to pay you for the copies if you could send them snail mail, or check them out on photobucket, if you already have them uploaded there. My email is mermaidslagoon@hotmail.com THANKS again for the great review!!

Archived