1st cruise Oct 4th on Liberty

suesrn3

Just a question......well I have many but have been looking through these boards and find many of the answers! :D Thanks everyone!

Now my question.....anyone that has been to Margaritaville in Cozumel....how did you get there, what would you recommend, how far away is it?? Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue-have you checked out the Meet & Mingle board for this sailing ? You can sign up by going to the area that says meet & mingle. They have some good ideas for the ports and if you sign up with RCCL you will get an invite to a get together on the ship and a little gift for coming. See you on the ship Roz:)

Just a question......well I have many but have been looking through these boards and find many of the answers! :D Thanks everyone!

Now my question.....anyone that has been to Margaritaville in Cozumel....how did you get there, what would you recommend, how far away is it?? Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue. You are batting a thousand in my eyes!!! You are cruising on the Liberty... IMHO, THE best ship in RCCL's fleet. And Cozumel is one of my all-time favorite ports. We sailed th Liberty OTS this past July. I have to say that the crew of the Liberty was the absolute best I have ever encountered. That includes Princess and Carnival as well as previous RCCL ships. Everyone was so nice and helpful, from the waiters in the Windjammer to the officers of the ship. The ship is beautiful... drop dead gorgeous. You will love it!

Cozumel is super! It is one of the easiest ports to get around due to the abundance of taxis that are available. They are safe, relatively clean, and as long as you agree on a price before you take off, relatively honest. Just make sure you are in one of the marked taxis - they have a distinctive license tag. To get to Margaritaville, just get off the ship and walk throught the terminal. There are taxis lined up there and folks to help you get you where you want. To get back, there will be taxis outside of Margaritaville ready to take you back to the ship. We have been to Cozumel many times and have never had an issue with taxis transportation (I cannot say that about Jamaica... another story). Just be sure to have low denomination currency, ones, fives, tens and you will be fine.

Or you can, as someone said, sign up for the Meet & Mingle and I bet someone there wants to go to Margaritaville and you guys can group together and go. Safety and comfort in numbers...

Have a great cruise!!! (I'm sure you will on this ship!)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am really excited. This is my first cruise ever!:D Anyway we are going with several couples and most have been on cruises and some of them don't want to get off the ship! :eek: others just want to lay on the beach, which is fine but I would like to see some of the island.:rolleyes: Anyway I will be sure to write a review when I get back. See you on the ship Roz, maybe I will check out the meet and mingle. :)

On my way on just 12 days!

Sue

Archived