Insurance Question

atdahop

Is there any insurance that you can purchase that covers pre existing conditions up to the 2 months before you take the cruise? If I am not making myself clear I will explain....I booked the cruise in april, did not get insurance then but want to purchase now. The cruise is in December. I would like primary coverage and also to cover pre existing conditions.

Thanks,

Carole

Is there any insurance that you can purchase that covers pre existing conditions up to the 2 months before you take the cruise? If I am not making myself clear I will explain....I booked the cruise in april, did not get insurance then but want to purchase now. The cruise is in December. I would like primary coverage and also to cover pre existing conditions.

Thanks,

Carole

CSA offers a policy that, so long as you purchase before making final payment, will cover pre-existing conditions. It's the only one I am aware of and it is more expensive than if you had purchased insurance at the time (or very soon after) of booking. Insuremytrip.com offer this particular policy along with many others.

As far as this particular policy being primary coverage, I don't know. You'll have to look at it for yourself. As it's more expensive than if you book early I've never had a need to purchase this particular policy and it's always been considerably more expensive than the coverages I've purchased.

Thanks,

Carole

CSA offers a policy that, so long as you purchase before making final payment, will cover pre-existing conditions. It's the only one I am aware of and it is more expensive than if you had purchased insurance at the time (or very soon after) of booking. Insuremytrip.com offer this particular policy along with many others.

As far as this particular policy being primary coverage, I don't know. You'll have to look at it for yourself. As it's more expensive than if you book early I've never had a need to purchase this particular policy and it's always been considerably more expensive than the coverages I've purchased.

STA Travel has coverage for pre-existing

http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/us_division_web_live/hs.xsl/travelinsurance.htm

Our most comprehensive package, includes medical expense coverage for a covered sickness or injury occurring while on your trip plus coverage for terrorist incidents and financial default, and a waiver of the pre-existing medical conditions exclusion when the plan is purchased within 14 days of payment of trip deposit.

STA Travel has coverage for pre-existing

http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/us_division_web_live/hs.xsl/travelinsurance.htm

Our most comprehensive package, includes medical expense coverage for a covered sickness or injury occurring while on your trip plus coverage for terrorist incidents and financial default, and a waiver of the pre-existing medical conditions exclusion when the plan is purchased within 14 days of payment of trip deposit.

Notice that last line. "if purchased within 14 days of deposit." I believe the OP is long past the period of time.

Many travel insurance policy's will wave the pre-existing conditions if you purchase within the first week or two after your initial depost. I only know of the one that will wave them up until you make your final payment and that's the one CSA policy. I beleive CSA also has a policy that won't wave the pre-exisiting conditions no matter when it's purchased. Guess which on is cheaper. ;)

Archived