Best Deal Ever?

I got a balcony on the NCL Sky 4 night Bahama cruise for $169. Sails on 11-10-08

I'd be very interested in know where you booked this. I've been looking at cruising around this time to the Bahamas and can't find that deal anywhere. I did find an inside cabin on that cruise for $129 pp and an oceanview for $159 pp but I'd love to get a balcony.

I booked this on NCL last Wed. night. The price was 199 and I got 30 off because I had sailed with NCl before. I went to work on Thur and was telling a friend but when we went to NCL the price was up to $499. For once I was not a day late and a dollar short.

We once sailed on RCCL Viking Serenade that had a food-borne intestinal outbreak. About 1/4 of the passengers got sick but fortunately we were not amongst the ill. RCCL refunded everyone's entire cruise fare, port charges and taxes included. I did not have to do a thing--they issued a credit to my Mastercard account. It was a four-day cruise for a family of four. No airfare was involved because we sailed from a home port.

About 3 years ago I went on a b2b cruise in the Caribbean on NCL and the first fare was $599. for an oceanview and then the next was $299. for the balcony. It was great. It did leave from San Juan so we had airfares that could have been high but we used our miles. It was the cheapest cruise we have ever been on (a total of 14 days).

We just booked a 20 day repositioning cruise, Sydney, Austrailia to San Diego, for $2099/pp including airfare from Chicago. Balcony guaranteed. Sailing 11/4/08, Holland America Amsterdam.

The best price for the airfare we could find on Orbitz was $2077/pp---so the cruise itself is only $20. The airport-to-pier transfers cost 3 times as much as the cruise-- $63!

About 3 years ago I went on a b2b cruise in the Caribbean on NCL and the first fare was $599. for an oceanview and then the next was $299. for the balcony. It was great. It did leave from San Juan so we had airfares that could have been high but we used our miles. It was the cheapest cruise we have ever been on (a total of 14 days).

Longer cruises (12 days or more) on NCL tend to be quite cheap, especially if you're willing to book last minute. In 2007, my girlfriend and I (though she became my fiancee onboard and is now my wife, but that's a story for another thread :) ) sailed the 14-day NY roundtrip on the Spirit for ~$600pp after taxes & fees. I've noticed that NCL's transatlantics and panama canal repos tend to also go for dirt cheap if you book last minute - earlier this year, I recall seeing a 19-day panama canal for $399pp (and that was just the list price - I'm sure a good TA could have gotten it cheaper)!

In fact, right now next month's transatlantic on the Gem is being advertised for $349pp. That's $26pp/pn, although good luck finding a cheap last minute one-way flight.

I got 169.00 balcony per person too for the 4 night Sky, Nov. 17th! Such a great deal. Then today the price dropped even lower for the NCL Pearl for Spring Break so I booked that too! Never have had two bookings at once!

Btw...2 side by side balcony BB's for 1680 per cabin with 200.00 shipboard credit. Best deal I've seen so far.

We booked a Mexican Riviera cruise (7 day) for January '09 on the Norwegian Star during their one day sale and got $100 onboard credit and an inside room for $499/pp. The price has since gone down twice since and it is now booked at $399/pp (with the $100 OBC). We also get a free upgrade since we just got back from another NCL cruise. We still have another month to pay and you bet I'm keeping an eye on the price everyday!

Update: We are now at $249/pp with $150 OBC.

My best deal was to Bimini for port fees of $37 total. One of my earlier cruises on Carnival I got the 7 course dinner for free because it was my birthday. Of course those cruises I cant get credit for, Carnival and I lost the records. Carnival used to do the Bahamas (out of Port Everglades) just for port charges if it was within a week of your birthday, free cruise. No more huh?

.... at least I enjoyed the cruise. For $37 I got to see Bimini, tiny as it was.

Don't think this was Carnival. Sea Escape and Discovery always did that sailing.

I'd be very interested in know where you booked this. I've been looking at cruising around this time to the Bahamas and can't find that deal anywhere. I did find an inside cabin on that cruise for $129 pp and an oceanview for $159 pp but I'd love to get a balcony.

I booked these for 7 couples so far when the rates were $99 for inside, $139 for oceanview and $199 for balcony. Was October and November sailing dates that were being offered. The balcony prices are back up, but the low rates are still around for Inside and Oceanview.

We got lucky and found an Alabama Resident rate of 332.00 total per person inc all taxes and fuel charge for 1a guar. and and got upgraded to 4e leaving on Nov. 21 can't wait booked 3 cabins at that price.

Arnie

Carnival Conquest 12/5/02

Carnical Glory 1/15/04

Carnival Valor 1/21/06

Carnival Glory 6/29/07

Carnival Miracle 11/21/08

Archived