Here is a new question - Are the doors magnetic?

clandt

We have cruise princess where the doors are magnetic and thus easy to hang banners.

We have a thick door banner for my MIL birthday and we are wondering how to hang it. I thought magnets might work.

We have cruise princess where the doors are magnetic and thus easy to hang banners.

We have a thick door banner for my MIL birthday and we are wondering how to hang it. I thought magnets might work.

Which ship?

We always take some clear strapping tape in the travel size as I always hang something on our door (CC poster or in this case-- cruise coming up Oct. 28th Halloween door size poster.) I also decorate our suite. Magnets don't always work, but tape works on everything!:) Happy B-Day to your MIL!

Hi retiredonthesea,

You've had a different experience from many. I've had a door sign removed due to tape and was told magnets only by the steward.

One time in my letter as CC organizer on the Dawn, it actually said to please tell your group that tape is not allowed and things will be removed.

I'll be taking my CC door sign along on the Dawn Oct. 19th. and a few magnets.

Remember our Halloween party at your suite last year? That was the best. You probably had a door sign up then.;):)

Hi retiredonthesea' date='

You've had a different experience from many. I've had a door sign removed due to tape and was told magnets only by the steward.

One time in my letter as CC organizer on the Dawn, it actually said to please tell your group that tape is not allowed and things will be removed.

I'll be taking my CC door sign along on the Dawn Oct. 19th. and a few magnets.

Remember our Halloween party at your suite last year? That was the best. You probably had a door sign up then.;):)[/quote']

Barb,

Happening again Oct. 28th on the repo cruise from NY to Miami 12 days.Getting the ingredients for the "witches brew" ordered.

I always double the tape over on the underside (maybe they don't notice that I use tape)

The door sign and deco have been bought and ready to pack! Maybe I better throw in some magnets.

Retiredonthesea

Hope you and Burt are taking along the best costumes in the century.:D Remember parading through the DR to all the applause?

Ahhhhh, that witches brew. Just invite the stewards in for a shot and they won't bug you about the tape.;):):cool:

Have a great repo cruise! 12 nights is just about right but Bob thinks 7 nts on the Dawn will be just about right!:eek:

We were on the Star in April 2008. I put blank "sticky note" stars around a 8.5 x 11 inch sheet magnetic picture of my parents (i. e. Flyboy Frank and his Barbie Doll on their wedding day in 1942). I also attached a pencil to the door. Lots of people wrote notes to my parents congratulating them. Even the captain wrote them a note! It was great fun and I plan to do it on our others cruises, too. I have attached a picture of their door. I hope you can see it. :)

2137684154_100_0573small.jpg.d1116822d21fef4975036e25cecfd27a.jpg

Archived