4 X 4 off road in Tahiti ?

IndyWeb

Can people who have done this tour, tell us about how fast the 4 X 4 travels off road, and how bumpy is the ride? Some of these tours really knock you around. I hope that isn't the case with this tour, as we really want to do it. Would you recomend this tour for someone with cervical problems? We did an off road tour in Cozamel, and it was really violent. Do you have to sign a liability waiver? Any information will be appreciated.

Are you talking about Patrick's tour in Papeete? I do not remember signing anything or Patrick saying something about health problems. You are on your own. There are roads inland that are quite bumpy, and you do get jostled around, My butt hurt after being on the hard seats all day. If you are thin,or have no meat on your butt, take a towel to sit on. My next suggestion would to contact the tour person directly and ask him for more info, and that way you can make a better decision. Once you are inland the roads are not paved.

We took a similar excursion in Bora Bora from the Tahitian Princess in June 2007. This was the Tupuna Mountain Safari and Island Tour. The views from the tops of the hills were beautiful. We saw most of the coastline from several vantage points. We also stopped at some large US guns from WWII. The road itself was more like a couple of ruts going up and down steep hills. There were large potholes. The driver took many of the downhill rides fast. It was a lot of fun, but we had to hold on tightly to the frame of the 4x4. If you suffer from back pain, this is not the tour for you. We really enjoyed Bora Bora and this tour.

DavidnSteph

Archived