Cab Fares Instead of Car Rental

Caribbean Obsession

We are going on NCL POA in November and I just got done booking excursions. My husband & I have always went along with the ship excursions, but decided to take a chance in Hawaii and do some tours outside of what NCL had to offer. The problem I am now having is determining cab fares to get to various locations from the cruise ship piers in the various ports. Can anybody give me an idea of whether cabs are readily available at the pier, and what the fares might be for the following:

1. Honolulu-HNL airport to Waikiki hotel area

2. Honolulu-HNL Waikiki hotel area to cruise ship terminal

3. Maui-Kahului pier to Maalaea Harbor

4. Kauai-Nawiliwili pier to Hanamaulu

We know that renting a car is the cheaper way to go, but since we are going on the vacation of a lifetime, we don't want the responsiblity, and since we plan to fully enjoy the "open bar" of some of the excursions, we feel this is the best route for us. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

1 and 2 are very reasonable by cab, in fact probably the best option for many people. maybe 25-30 for #1, $20 for #2

#3 is about $33 each way.. I think a very good option. Doing a boat tour on your own from maalea harbor is a really great idea, you've done your research. Highly recommend you choose a morning tour

#4 also very doable and reasonable by cab, available right at the pier. But there's so much to see on Kauai you might want to rent a car anyway? See the kilauea lighthouse or waimea canyon, fantasy island falls, etc.. Or pay for a guided tour if you have other reasons for not driving. :)

There is so much to see on all of these islands, but its your vacation and you can see as much or as little as you feel like that day.

MikeKaye-Thank you so much for your reply-you've beenreally helpful.

Do you know if cabs are readily available when you get off the cruise ship at the various ports? What about the availability of cabs when you get off a tour? Do we need to ask the driver who drops us off at the tour to come back for us when the tour ends, or will we be OK finding a cab on our own afterward? I've read on some websites that you need reservations for a cab, which makes me nervous. Words from the wise requested.....:confused:

The plan is for tubing the ditch and ziplining at Backcountry Adventures in Kauai, which is why we're not renting a car there. I wish we had more time as there are so many awesome options, but so little time to enjoy it all. What's the word on these two tours? Good times and money well spent?

Caribbean O:

If you decide to use the cab, talk to the driver and request a business card. I'm sure they'll give you one and you can contact them prior to being picked up. I've used the cab and requested a business card all the time!

MikeKaye-Thank you so much for your reply-you've beenreally helpful.

Do you know if cabs are readily available when you get off the cruise ship at the various ports? What about the availability of cabs when you get off a tour? Do we need to ask the driver who drops us off at the tour to come back for us when the tour ends, or will we be OK finding a cab on our own afterward? I've read on some websites that you need reservations for a cab, which makes me nervous. Words from the wise requested.....:confused:

The plan is for tubing the ditch and ziplining at Backcountry Adventures in Kauai, which is why we're not renting a car there. I wish we had more time as there are so many awesome options, but so little time to enjoy it all. What's the word on these two tours? Good times and money well spent?

Archived