compiled tips - snorkeling

happy1

We just got back from Grand Cayman last week. I have to say to anyone to do the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion through Nativeway tours. It was amazing and was truly the highlight of our cruise. We did some snorkeling, then swam and fed the rays, then to Rum Point for some beach time. To me it was the best of what Grand Cayman has to offer, all in one package, and for only $55 per person (and this included lunch and beverage at Rum Point). Rum Point is absolutely beautiful and the sand is like liquid silk. Best part was, there were only 8 of us on the boat (plus 3 crew) as opposed to 30 or 40 crammed on the tours the cruise ships offer. I could not have been any better. If anyone wants more information, please let me know.

Hey Jesse, I went to your album, nice beefcake shot at the sign, you sucked it in pretty good :-) I looked through the index but couldn't find a picture titled "Cali", can you tell me which number it is?

How do you like Image Station? Our cruises are on Webshots.com, under "Bob42ca" and "Rob42ca", I like that you can write some info on the shots, but now they want money to release viewing stats :-(( Can you write a few lines about shots on Image Station?

-Bob

Bob - Hey that's my husband on the left - I'm the little 100-pounder on the right. All the pics should have captions at the bottom that give a little description. The Cali pics start about #48 where we start from shore to swim out to the Wreck, in the pics to follow you can see some of the structure on the bottom and some of the fish and they finish up about #65. In the last pics you can see where some of the snorkel boats are over the cali so you can get an idea about the distance from shore. As far as imagestation. We really like the program. It does give you room to write captions for each pic, they're easy to organize and easy to share. I like the slideshow feature at the top of the pics. Hope that helps. Jessie :)

Hey Jessie, sorry I mixed you up ... those are nice shots, it gives us a good idea of the site. Was it really 30 feet down? ... I've seen quotes all the way from 15 feet to 24 feet. Maybe it depends on where the tide is that day. Did you both not use any floatation vests? Did you get pooped treading all that water? Yer in great shape, it's yer DH I'm worried about :-((((

-Bob

Wow! The Cali Wreck sounds and looks AMAZING! I think that this is what WE are gonna do! WOW! Those fish are AWESOME!!!!!!!

I am seriously so thankful to you for giving us a link of those pictures for us to see. Now for sure I know what we are doing in Grand Cayman~

Thank you!

Hi Bob - The pieces did resemble a ship. Wreck is about 30 yards offshore. We did swim out there from shore - right behind Rackums Pub. There is no platform for resting. It's a little bit of a swim out there but once you get out there you can just float on the surface and look around. Here are some pics from our trip in June and you will see some we took at Cali. The weather was not that great when we were there so they are probably not as bright and clear as they could have been. Let me me know if you have any other questions....

• 2 months later...

Archived