Bakeries?

BonnieVA

Assuming my dh doesn't pull the plug on our next cruise (thanks to the economy), we will be in GC on my son's 13th birthday. Do you know of any bakeries where we could buy a cake or yummy, sugary baked goods while we're there? I think it would be really neat for him to celebrate his b'day in another country.

I found a couple of options...

Azzurro Cafe Pasticceria

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2005/08/911/business/lunch.shtml

Or if you prefer gelato... (I'm definitely trying this when we're down there in March!)

Antica Gelateria

http://www.fodors.com/world/caribbean/cayman-islands/review-193662.html

Happy birthday, to your son! My 12yo daughter would be quite envious. ;-)

I did more research myself & found these (in case anyone else is looking for baked goods in GC, lol):

"Caribbean Bakery & Pastry Shop Box 215 Mount Pleasant Rd W B Grand Cayman KY1-1301 949-3368

National House Bakery Box 929 Caymanian Village Nth Sound Way G T Grand Cayman KY1-1102 949-8050

New Wholesome Bakery Grand Cayman KY1-1205 946-4167

The Captain’s Bakery & Grill Box 31460 Grand Cayman KY1-1206 949-1007

Treasure Chest Bakery Box 1465 Conch Pt Rd W Bay Grand Cayman KY1-1110 946-2253

Ye Olde English Bakery Ltd Box 198 Dockside Bldg Mary St G T Grand Cayman KY1-1104 945-2420

Foster's, Kirk's, and Hurley's supermarkets have full bakeries that make delicious buttercream frosted and whipped topping frosted cakes.

I went to a birthday dinner recently at Ragazzi restaurant and they served a wonderful chocolate cake frosted in ganache for the guests that was made by Ragazzi. There is a bakery in the same plaza as Ragazzi (near the former Hyatt hotel) called Azzurro Cafe that makes cakes and pastries as well."

(This was from a year or 2 ago so I'm not sure if these places are still in business. I think the easiest thing is to find one of the supermarkets.)

Archived