Anyone do Nerja Caves in Malaga on their own?

Looking for information for transportation to Nerja Caves from the port. I need to know if the bus actually stops by the port or if we need to go to the bus station. I have been on the ALSA.es bus site, but would like someone that has done this on their own to verify. Thanks!

I haven't taken a Med. cruise but I am going to Spain on a land trip in a few months and have done extensive research on how to see Spain using only public transportation.

For more info on Malaga bus service try http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/

There is an English option, although I will warn you it is quite loosely translated.

Alsina Graells (alsa.es) is a bus service, much like Greyhound in the United States. The bus to Nerja runs about every hour, and should take you directly to the caves. It leaves from a centrally located bus station in Malaga and you would need to get yourself there somehow - I would guess there is a local bus from port to the main station, but that is only a guess since I am not researching for a cruise specifically. Otherwise, I am sure you could get a cab to the main station.

It is about a 50 minute drive or 90 minute bus ride. We prefer public transport whenever possible (driving stresses us on our vacations), but if you are hoping to see anything else that day, you might find that having a car at your disposal may come in handy.

Thanks for the replies. DH doesn't want to drive, so looks like we will just have to ask where the closest bus station is, and grab a cab to it.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate any information.

Archived