Rum Jumbie!

perkyblue

Maybe it's just because I've had a little too much of it tonight, but if you're like me and enjoy trying new local things that you can't get anywhere else, I highly recommend that you buy at least one bottle of Rum Jumbie! I know that Guavaberry liquer is the thing to buy in St. Maarten, but the Rum Jumbie is so much better! (We bought both.) So if you see Rum Jumbie for sale, buy some -- This is seriously good stuff! :D

• 2 weeks later...
What is rum jumbie? Do you drink it straight or is it a mix? I have never heard of this. We like to buy the guavaberry and mix up a colada at home.

We first tried it on our last cruise. They were giving samples on the pier. You tasted it straight. I thought, wow if this is so smooth you can sip it straight, It must be awesome mixed. And it was! We bought plain and vanilla last time. Plan on buying a few flavors this time. I also hope to thry the guavaberry this time too.

http://www.rumjumbie.com/index.html

We purchased something even better, IMO, than Jumbie. Ti Punch and other delicious mixtures from the Ma Dou Dou people. We went to the Market in downtown Marigot on 10/22/08, and got a bottle of Ginger/Orange Ti, and also a bottle of Coffee Vanilla. DELICIOUS!!

We purchased something even better, IMO, than Jumbie. Ti Punch and other delicious mixtures from the Ma Dou Dou people. We went to the Market in downtown Marigot on 10/22/08, and got a bottle of Ginger/Orange Ti, and also a bottle of Coffee Vanilla. DELICIOUS!!

I agree that Ma Dou Dou is great stuff!

Unfortunately it cannot be found in the states either. :(

I agree that Ma Dou Dou is great stuff!

Unfortunately it cannot be found in the states either. :(

Nope, but you can make it!! Do a search on Google for "Ti Punch". :D

The best one we had was the Ginger/Orange, and thus, none of that lasted long enough for the trip home.

When I run out of the Vanilla/Coffee, I am planning on making my own. :)

Archived