Vatican late October (24th)-Need tickets?

We want to see the Vatican on a pre-cruise day-our plane arrives at 11am and we want to tour the Vatican. I am thinking of starting at 2pm-will there be a long line for tickets at that time? Should we book ahead? We are on the Carnival Freedom on the 25th -so many details! :eek:

Hi. Assuming you're referring to the Vatican Museums (as opposed to St Peters) I'd just warn you to check the time of last admission for the day you're planning to go, as I was there in early November 2006 and I (a very careful planner) somehow misjudged the closing time and I had to return the next morning to join a MASSIVE queue, and was very lucky not to have missed out altogether.

I had somehow referred to summer closing times, rather than winter times which we're in effect in early Nov. I recommend you check the Vatican Museums website for details.

Hi. Assuming you're referring to the Vatican Museums (as opposed to St Peters) I'd just warn you to check the time of last admission for the day you're planning to go, as I was there in early November 2006 and I (a very careful planner) somehow misjudged the closing time and I had to return the next morning to join a MASSIVE queue, and was very lucky not to have missed out altogether.

I had somehow referred to summer closing times, rather than winter times which we're in effect in early Nov. I recommend you check the Vatican Museums website for details.

The Vatican museum no longer has early closing hours in the winter. Thank goodness! Arriving at 2pm should give you enough time to see the highlights of the museum before the 6pm closing.

Archived