Zenith vs. Century

Merrilymeggily

Hi, all... I'm a three-time veteran of Century cruises. I love that ship! I'm booked for a trip to Bermuda on Zenith on May 14, 2005. Anyone been on both ships who can tell me what to expect from the Zenith? I doubt we'll be disappointed, but we're so used to such first-class service, food, ambience and all-around everything from Century, we're a little worried! I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

~~~MEG~~~
"I wanna leave NOW"
Three-time Century cruiser
Western Caribbean: 2000/2004
Eastern Caribbean: 2001
Sailing Zenith to Bermuda 5/14/2005

Well, based on my experience I missed the Thallasotherapy, but I really liked the configuration of the Cova Cafe and Michael's club on Zenith. Century is still my favourite ship, but I'd hop on the Zenith any time.

Fwiw, my experience has been that Celebrity offers a much more consistent product from ship to ship and cruise to cruise than the other lines I've been on.

Cheers,

Thank you, Stephen. What is the situation with the spa and hot tubs on the Zenith? Is there anything like the t-pool? I could live in it when I'm on the Century!

~~~MEG~~~
"I wanna leave NOW"
Three-time Century cruiser
Western Caribbean: 2000/2004
Eastern Caribbean: 2001
Sailing to Bermuda 05/14/05 on Zenith

I think the dining room is the biggest step down. Zenith's dining room is pretty dated and a bit shabby. No great views, one level, horrible stackable chairs. Food should be just as good, but the ambiance is different.

Century is definitely more luxurious in feel. Zenith has some rich areas, but she's more crowded and much more modest in feel. Still, Zenith has her own attributes and is wondeful if you don't need the newest ship (and obviously you don't if you enjoy the Century).

Really? I liked the Caravelle Dining Room quite well. Certainly nothing like the hit-you-on-the-head gorgeous Grand, but still.....it wasn't noisy and didn't seem too shabby to me. However. my focus was largely on the meal and our delightful tablemates, so I probably wasn't paying attention. Also, I was on nearly two years ago, shortly after her retrofit.

I should also note that the only place [B]I[/B] found crowded was the Buffet (which I mostly avoided, as I largely do on most ships)

The Century is the only ship we have cruised on 2 times. We have also cruised the Zenith [b]and[/b] Horizon. As others have said the feel on Century is outstanding, all the area's are top notch. That being said, the Zenith is a very diff feel to the ship & cruise, but equally outstanding in all area's of service. After all it is still a Celebrity Ship. If the new'er bigger ship is of more importance to you, the Zenith could be un-inspiering as a ship goes. But the service will not miss a beat. We would not hesatate to book on either Ship.

We sailed the Century in May 2003 and Zenith in November 2003. We were hesitant to go on a smaller, older ship, but were very pleasantly surprised. Zenith is our favorite of the 5 Celebrity ships we have sailed, Century is our least. On Century there were never pool chairs available, but there were plenty on Zenith. The menus and food are the same on both. Zenith has been refurbished while Century desparately needs to be, so in some ways Zenith appears newer and cleaner. The activities staff and party band on Zenith are the best--all the crew enjoyed being there and wanted guests to have a great time. I think Celebrity has succeeded in making an old ship appealing. Our family hoping to go on her again next spring--we just loved everything about her. I know this is a duplicate of the one above; it would not come up and I thought it was erased and typed it again. sorry

Archived