Prescription lenses into snorkel mask - silicone?

Hi All

Have been reading through the threads and it appears the best way to go for being able to snorkel for me is to attach lenses to a snorkel mask.

I did look at buying a prescription snorkel mask but at over $350 I cannot justify the expense.

Can someone please advise the best type of silicone to use and whereabouts on the lenses to put the silicone?

Thanks Rach

Hubby did this, he used the scilicone that can be used in the wet, it's clear and just a couple of spots around the edge of the lenses, just enough to hold them in. :D

Don't forget to place the lenses in, have the mask on a benchtop maybe, then put your face to the mask and make sure they are in the right place as you will obviously be looking down when wearing them. (I know you know that, couldn't help myself from saying it anyway:o ) it wasn't something we thought about at first, so had to quickly take out the first go at the lenses, clean the mask and reposition them. Worked fantastic according to hubby. No problems with fumes as he did them well in advance of wearing the mask.:)

Have a great time.

Lynda.

Image2-2.pngImage1-1.png

Archived