Cool Waters Party Tour - MoBay??

meemo

I am sailing on the Conquest on 1-2-05 and am looking at different shore excursions. I will be sailing with my 2 daughters (20 and 22) and want to find things that will be a great time for them. I was reading about A-Z Jamaica Tour Planners and their Cool Waters Party Tour out of Montego Bay sounds fun. (Mayfield Falls first, then sailing on a trimaran for snorkeling and partying (buffet lunch and drinks included), then a stop at Margaritaville for a bit. Has anyone done this tour??? If so, I would love to hear what you thought - pro and con.

Thanks for any help

Can't wait to be onboard!!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

My brother, 19 y/o daughter, 15 y/o son and I took this tour March 3rd while on the Conquest. Reyn was our guide. The drive to Mayfield Falls takes you up into the mountains and takes a little over an hour. The roads aren't too bad but we really didn't notice as we were too busy soaking up the beautiful scenery. Reyn told us about the history of Jamaica, pointed out the different vegetation, and gladly answered all our questions. Mayfield Falls was absolutely beautiful. The water was cool and clear and the bamboo trees and other vegetation made a natural canopy over the river. The river bed is made up of small, smooth rocks, definitely take water shoes. We got back to MoBay late and the catamaran we were supposed to catch had already sailed, so Reyn arranged another catamaran for us. We had the "Montrose II" all to ourselves. They took us out into the Bay for lunch (chicken w/rice) and some great snorkeling (better than Grand Cayman IMHO). After an hour or so of snorkeling we headed to Margaritaville. We docked right outside of the bar. Margaritaville is a neat place but was VERY crowded inside and you couldn't even get into the gift. After Margaritaville we were dropped off at the dock, about 100 yards from the Conquest. We were back about 45 min. before we sailed. It was a full day and we were worn out when we got back but we were happy because we got to "experience" Jamaica.

Hopes this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Kevin

Archived