Royal Family Suite Question

leslierx

Do most of RCI's ships have either a Royal Family Suite, or something similiar with more than one bedroom? Every cruise I have looked into booking has already sold these suites, so I can never tell how much they would have cost. Do you have to jump on booking them when the dates first come out? Just wondering if it is alot more expensive to get a family suite for 5 people, than just getting 2 staterooms.

I'm in a Royal Family Suite on the vision of the seas for our cruise starting October 26th. I got really lucky....we were already booked in a Grand Suite, and I was on the RCCL website, and I noticed that 2 family suites opened up (it was about 30 days before our cruise was set to sail). I wanted one real bad, but it wouldn't let me upgrade. I called the customer service number, and I got to upgrade. At first she wasn't sure if I could, because I only had 4 people in my party, but the computer let her book it for me.

I only had to pay an extra $200 and that was it!!! Not as nice as the "upgrade fairy", but I'll take it!

All RCCL ships have Royal Family Suites (well it will be all at the end of this month when Sovereign leaves the fleet).

Because the RFS usually require a minimum of 5 people to book, they are rarely available online. You must call either RCCL or a Travel Agent to book them or even to check pricing on them.

Every once in a while RCCL does remove the minimum booking requirements, but that is usually if it is getting close to sailing and they haven't yet been booked and is not common.

Archived