Scuba in Roatan

streaks23

We are sailing 12/18 on the Norwegian Sun and will be in Roatan on Tuesday.

My husband and daughter would very much like to try scuba diving in Roatan. However, they have NO certifications, etc. Is this possible? Any suggestions on places to go, etc. where they might be able to take some instruction and "jump in"?

Thanks so much!

NCL offers a discover scuba tour in Roatan. It is $89 per adult and $79 for children. It is 3 1/2 hours and for beginners with no certification. My husband and I are going to do this for our first time in Dec. on the NCL Dream. Sante Wellness Center also offers discover scuba. Sante is on the net at www.santewellnesscenter.com

Hi,

George will take you around to several beaches in Roatan for the entire day very cheap. He can pick you up at the docs when your boat arrives. He has a child that is in very bad condition at the hospital and I promised to help him find work so he can pay some doctor bills and that is why I have posted here. I have used George as a tour guide 4 times already and he will take you just about anywhere you want to go in Roatan for $18/person for the day or $50/Max for 4 people. He speaks perfect English and has a jeep that holds 4 people plus room for some diving gear. His wheels are almost brand new so it's a nice ride. I believe he posts on that new Roatan Forums board at www.roatanforums.com. Check out the Roatan Cruise Ship Visitors section or the Roatan Scuba Diving or Roatan Transportation sections and make a post that you are looking for George. When he contacts you PLEASE tell him RICHARD told you about the $18 price with the $50 max for the day:) . I assume it is the same price because I used his services around 3 weeks ago.

Richard

Wife did Discover SCUBA last Tuesday: will have her post "review" She loved it

had used SCUBA before but years ago (we got old and moved to Colorado) I visited facilities: seem to be top level folks.

Suspect they would allow you to not get on the bus back and

do snorkeling around their area (Sandy Beach) but who knows.

ColoradoLad

:)

Archived