NCL Spirit october 22

Curious Jan

Well, my husband and I were on the Southern Carribean 9 day cruise.

Instead of giving a review I just want to make a few comments.

Everyone is different and I definitely liked doing some of the NCL Tours.

We did the Falls of Beleine in St Vincent. We loved it but remember water shoes (no one told us) In Barbados we did a 4 x 4 and then he took us to a

black sand beach. I personally hate the black sand but the beach was fine.

Last excursion with NCL was the Baths of Virgin Gorda and it was something to see. But I must mention it is a long way down and a long climb up. So it is important that you are able to walk well. I liked are balcony room on the

11th floor ( we had a quarantee and was upgraded from the 8th) Storage in the room is not great but we managed. The cruise director is fabulous!

We went to all three specialty restaurants. We loved Le Bistro so much we

returned a second time. We did not care for the buffet. It was the same food everyday. We did two excursions that we booked on our own over the internet. Frank's tour that is mentioned in St Lucia is fantastic and he is the

greatest. We went with Lawrence in Antigua but in all honesty that was our

least favorite island. The food in the dining room was ok but it did not compare to Princess or Celebrity. If there are any questions I can help with,

please let me know. I got a lot of help from all you guys on the cruise critic and I want to return the favor. All in all we had a great time!

Jan

Happy to hear that you had a nice cruise!!

Here are my questions (posted on another review also). My husband also wants to try all 3 alternative restaurants - how far in advance did you need to make reservations & did you have trouble getting in at all?

Did you hear any comments about the kids programs at all? Did you see the kids pool & did it get crowded?

What time did you board the ship & do you know the earliest times we can board?

Thanks Jan.

Here is a few answers to your questions.

First sometimes you can book the specialty restaurants the same day. You are not allowed to book more than two days in advance. The only hard one to book is the Tepanyaki which is a table in Shogun where they cook on the

table. They have three seating on that table per night and we kept trying to get a reservation and couldn't. All the others we booked the same day.

As far as the kids facilities we did not have kids but they pool and area for them was really nice and they seemed to keep the kids pretty busy. There were not a lot of kids on our ship.

Boarding time is 1:00 and we were on the ship by 1:15. It was very easy to get on.

I hope this helps

Jan

Thanks for the info! One more question . . . was your muster drill on first sea day (Monday) at 10:00 a.m.? We need this info in order to plan our meet & greet - we were going to get together directly after muster.

Thanks again Jan.

First we were on the nine day cruise which started on Friday. Our muster drill did not take place until Saturday at 10:30. That surprised me because I thought is was always the minute you left port.

The other question concerning the name of the cruise director. His name was

Adrian Lewis and he told us just to holler Hey Adrian. He was great.

Jan

glad you had a great time. it will be our turn in feb. you are right, different strokes for different folks. we've done norwegian (dawn) twice before. our last cruise was on celebrity. we much preferred the food on norwegian.

Thanks Jan for the info on the CD. We have had Adrian many times before and think he is great, just hope he is still there in March when we go. We were with him more on the Norway than any of the other ships. It will be nice to see him again.

Archived