How important is room attendent for you??

retnuh281

Being that I work in the hotel industry so I can say that it really can make or break a vaction. To me it is all part of it. I have enjoyed conversations with some of our attendants on ships and for others just a nice warm smile and good morning can remind me why I love being on the ship..

We just returned from the Voyager of the Seas and our room attendant Ricardo was excellent. He was cheerful, extremely helpful, and helped make our vacation enjoyable.

We also enjoyed the Portifino very much. Mimi and Peter were just wonderful!! We just love the Voyager and her crew!

We have been on 5 cruises, all on RC and have had only 1 bad attendant. I needed to go to the purser’s desk 3 out of 4 of a 4 night cruise to request either our room to be cleaned or clean towels. The first 2 nights we would return after late dinner seating and our room still has not been cleaned from the morning, the 3rd night at least the bed was made and we had clean towels but the bathroom was the same way we left it, dirty glasses on the counter where we left them and dirty towels on the floor. It was the last night so I figured why bother. I needed to go to the windjamer to get ice.

Room clean.

Room equipped.

A Smile when we pass.

I ask nothing more.

I want more thing, and it's a rather big job: I want my luggage delivered on day 1 and removed on day last. A portion of the tip is for doing that thankless work.

I also enjoy loads of clean towels, though I suppose that's included in "room equipped". Do the room attendants actually WASH the towels?

I want more thing, and it's a rather big job: I want my luggage delivered on day 1 and removed on day last. A portion of the tip is for doing that thankless work.

I also enjoy loads of clean towels, though I suppose that's included in "room equipped". Do the room attendants actually WASH the towels?

Brings back memories of my cruise from hell on Celebrity in 2006. After 24 hours, my luggage still had not been delivered in spite of talking to everyone about it. Our waiter ended up taking my wife to a crew area where luggage was held, and there it was. Even though the room tag was missing, inside the suitcase was a large piece of paper with the ship name, location and room number on it. The cabin attendant also entered the room 3x while the DND sign was displayed...without knocking. He even had the nerve to scold us for leaving a tray in the hallway (that he failed to remove during evening setup).

This was totally unacceptable, and he received Monopoly money as his tip.

Fortunately the itinerary made the trip. We had read (and continue to read) how great service was on Celebrity. It really wasn't. We have never had a bad experience with any crew on RCCL.

Dave

Archived