Jewel in Canada 10/18 cruise

Johnny Thunder

Has anyone heard anything about a NoroVirus going around on the Jewel?

My sister-in-law is on the cruise and I have only heard from her once toward the beginning of the trip and she mentioned a "lockdown" for the virus. She has not written again and that is unusual. They dock in NYC tomorrow. Just wondering if there is any news out there.

Has anyone heard anything about a NoroVirus going around on the Jewel?

My sister-in-law is on the cruise and I have only heard from her once toward the beginning of the trip and she mentioned a "lockdown" for the virus. She has not written again and that is unusual. They dock in NYC tomorrow. Just wondering if there is any news out there.

Just look up and down this board -- there are several threads talking about the norovirus (some misspelled as "novovirus"). It has been "bugging" the ship for three trips, now. I don't know about "lockdown" -- I was on the 10/8 voyage where the virus accompanied us..and there was no "lockdown'. They did have sanitizers everywhere, some restrictions about how food was served, and asked people who had the virus to stay in their cabins, but there was no "lockdown".

Archived