Just Back

Befree

Hi Eeveryone

We are just back from 7 nite Princess and I am going to post for the p0rts we visited because I use other peoples opinions who post here so if anyone wants mine here it goes

Just a background so you know a little of who I am I always wonder that when I read a bad review I am not fussy I am old enough to have the pleasue of having my adult daughter and my wonderful son in law with us on this trip I have no fear of run down neighbor hoods etc I think its called more guts than brains

So in this port section of C.C I read a post that there is a spa called TOUCH THERAPIES (great $) if you do a search you will find it

I go on their webside and they do everthing from facials to hot stone massages I am so excited I am planing a mimuim 3 to 4 hours

Everyone is going to the beach except me however the family wants to go to drop me off and they wont let me go by myself(good thing) we get a cab and the spa is on the way to DICKERSON BEACH where they are going swiming so off we go

HOLY SMOKES we pull up to this 4 ROOM DILAPIATED SHACK bad neighborood no AIR CONDTiONER could not believe it we were speechless and there was no mistake I had called and they were expecting me WOW

Needless to say we went to DICKERsON

Not only was it so crowded there were big piles of seawood along the entire shore line the folks who run the chair and umbrella concession started to set up our chairs etc in this pile of ocean poop which would have taken a minute and 1 shovel full to clean up

I Loved all the rest of ports

I have read so many reviews of the beaches in Antigua, including Dickenson's that I have to think you arrived on an off day. When we flew over Antigua last spring on or helicopter tour, the beaches were drop-dead gorgeous and no seaweed. Many of the people on our roll call group went to Dickensons and loved it. I'm sorry your experience was bad, but I don't think it is typical. As for the spa, I can't say, but I enjoyed walking around St. Johns. It wasn't ritzy, but I felt safe and I met some nice people. It actually was one of my favorite port stops.

Hi Eeveryone

We are just back from 7 nite Princess and I am going to post for the p0rts we visited because I use other peoples opinions who post here so if anyone wants mine here it goes

Just a background so you know a little of who I am I always wonder that when I read a bad review I am not fussy I am old enough to have the pleasue of having my adult daughter and my wonderful son in law with us on this trip I have no fear of run down neighbor hoods etc I think its called more guts than brains

So in this port section of C.C I read a post that there is a spa called TOUCH THERAPIES (great $) if you do a search you will find it

I go on their webside and they do everthing from facials to hot stone massages I am so excited I am planing a mimuim 3 to 4 hours

Everyone is going to the beach except me however the family wants to go to drop me off and they wont let me go by myself(good thing) we get a cab and the spa is on the way to DICKERSON BEACH where they are going swiming so off we go

HOLY SMOKES we pull up to this 4 ROOM DILAPIATED SHACK bad neighborood no AIR CONDTiONER could not believe it we were speechless and there was no mistake I had called and they were expecting me WOW

Needless to say we went to DICKERsON

Not only was it so crowded there were big piles of seawood along the entire shore line the folks who run the chair and umbrella concession started to set up our chairs etc in this pile of ocean poop which would have taken a minute and 1 shovel full to clean up

I Loved all the rest of ports

We went to Dickenson last year, and I kind of agree with you. The water was not what I was expecting. We had some seaweed, and the water was murky. Maybe it was just by chance, but I was kind of disappointed.

I'm going back next April, so hopefully, I will have the crystal clear waters that everyone raves about.

Joanne

hello all,

I havn't been on for a while been rather busy but I thought I would address the issue of the beaches. Some times I see reviews about certain beaches particularly Dickinson bay and some people say it was lovely and crystal clear whilst other say it was murkey and lots of sea weed. Well I can tell you all that both reports are probablly true. As with the beach we are on alot of the condition of the sea is due to currents some times not even directly in the area but you have to see whats going on out in the atlantic. some days our beach is crystal clear and dead calm in the morning and then in the afternoon it gets rough and a tun of sea weed comes up. (very frustrating as its a pain to clear off the beach) however we have to except it is nature. Sice we had omar go passed us the sea has still not gone back to normal and many beaches are experiencing very dark water. This can be a combination of things but often this is caused due to the water run off from the island making the water browner but does eventually disperse. So if you have a bad day just remember mother nature. Having said all of that efforts are usually made by most vendors to clear the beach of debris but you cant do much about the colour of the water. Hope this helps

hello all,

I havn't been on for a while been rather busy but I thought I would address the issue of the beaches. Some times I see reviews about certain beaches particularly Dickinson bay and some people say it was lovely and crystal clear whilst other say it was murkey and lots of sea weed. Well I can tell you all that both reports are probablly true. As with the beach we are on alot of the condition of the sea is due to currents some times not even directly in the area but you have to see whats going on out in the atlantic. some days our beach is crystal clear and dead calm in the morning and then in the afternoon it gets rough and a tun of sea weed comes up. (very frustrating as its a pain to clear off the beach) however we have to except it is nature. Sice we had omar go passed us the sea has still not gone back to normal and many beaches are experiencing very dark water. This can be a combination of things but often this is caused due to the water run off from the island making the water browner but does eventually disperse. So if you have a bad day just remember mother nature. Having said all of that efforts are usually made by most vendors to clear the beach of debris but you cant do much about the colour of the water. Hope this helps

Thank You for taking the time to explaine this. We are coming in March and can't wait.

I have said many times that Dickenson Bay is only good if you are staying in one of the hotels there and don't want to go out by car on that day. Why would anyone actually get in a car and go there? I will never know. It is the busiest beach on Antigua in terms of hotels and with all the taxis making a quick buck it is also usually the busiest beach with cruise guests. This all is so crazy when you consider that on any given day there are dozens of beaches without a single footprint on them in Antigua.

By the way. This person came to Dickenson Bay just after it was hit by waves from Hurricane Omar which gave all the leeward beaches (like dickenson and others) seaweed and other storm related issues.

Before you ask "which beach" have a look at some of the past threads on this board to find a better alternative. If you just glimpse at a messageboard like this one you will make mistakes like the original poster on this thread did. Take the time and read down the threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Antiguan or anyone else who can help.. What beach would you recommend? DH and I will be traveling alone. We'd like a pretty beach (which I'm sure they all are.) We'd prefer.. no crowds.. not too far from the ship.. and that's really all thats important! Were going to be there next friday.. please help as soon as you can!! Thank you for your time. It's so nice of you to get on and answer our questions!! ;)

Archived