Post Cruise Dilemma: Has anyone booked a private tour from Port Everglades?

JAVERZ

We are traveling with another couple in January and they have 2:00 pm flights leaving from Ft. Lauderdale airport and we have 3:00 pm flights. I am trying to figure out what we can do for a half day in FLL before we fly home. The options so far seem to be:

1) HAL has only one tour -- an airboat ride in the Everglades that would include transfer to the airport after the tour. The tour department says you shouldn't have a flight before 2:30 pm so that is a risky choice and we've done that tour before anyway.

2) I've looked into renting a car but am afraid we would lose quite a bit of time just picking up and returning the car and not get much use out of it.

So -- I was wondering if anyone knew of a private tour company that (for a reasonable price) would pick us up at the ship, take us on some sort of tour, and then deliver us and our luggage to the airport in time for our flights. Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Archived