Safety?

dan110

Wondering if any of you locals can tell me about the safety of walking to, and from, Bourbon Street from the Drury Inn at 820 Poydras Street?

We are staying there several nights, post cruise, and want to do Bourbon Street several times.

Will a group of 6 somewhat drunk people (adults) be safe walking back to the Drury late at night?:confused:

THANKS!

Dan

Hey dan,

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and walking to Bourbon Street is safe. Just remember like any big city just be aware of your surroundings and you will have no problem. Great choice for your hotel. The free breakfast & happy hour is a big plus. Have a nice trip.

Hey dan,

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and walking to Bourbon Street is safe. Just remember like any big city just be aware of your surroundings and you will have no problem. Great choice for your hotel. The free breakfast & happy hour is a big plus. Have a nice trip.

It's probably one of the safest walks in New Orleans. The hotel is on Poydras and Carondelet. Carondelet turns into Bourbon St. at Canal. Carondelet is also where the St. Charles Streetcar returns to Canal from Uptown. So, it's a straight shot (even if you're drunk <G>) and on a relatively busy street. I'd still be mindful of surroundings - but would walk it anytime.

With a group of 6, you should be safe. As previous posters stated, just be aware of your surroundings and don't do anything that could make you a target.

Example One.

My friend was in a group of 4 and they were walking back to their hotel from Bourbon Street, and yes, they were juiced up. Well one of those idiots decided to call out a guy across the street. They made it back safely but I was told that they were yelled back at.

Example Two.

My GF and I were walking back from Bourbon Street to our hotel on Poydras. My GF wants to stop at an ATM to get cash at 1130 PM. I tell her to be careful and insisted that we only stop and get cash if she absolutely needed it. She makes a LOUD wise ass remark "IM ONLY GOING TO THE CASH MACHINE." Mind you that this cash machine is on a side street. Needless to say, I was pissed but we made it back okay.

Use common sense. You'll be fine.

Archived