Chef's Table on 12-Day Med

Auntiejo

For those of you that took the 12 Day Med cruise on the Emerald this past summer: How many nights did they do the Chef's Table? and which nights did they do it if you recall?

Do you pretty much have to get on the ship before noon to have any chance to get a spot?

I can't help you with the specific 12 day cruise but we were on the 18 day transatlantic last month and there were 3 dinners. We boarded the ship around 1:30 and as soon as we were in the cabin I called the dining room. I was told we were on the wait list (but I think they tell everyone that) and the next evening at dinner we were contacted by the Maitre d'Hotel and told which day we would have the dinner. It's a fabulous experience.

I just came back fron a 14 day cruise on the Golden and I reserved the chefs dinner by 1pm and got it right away. They had 3 chefs dinners on our cruise, but we were on the first one. 10 out of 12 of us at the table were from cruise critic. We all had decided to do this before we cruised and all of us signed up right away. By the way, it was the best experience ever for dinning and you will not be dissapointed. Well worth the money for this experience.

I'm looking forward to doing the Chef's Table when we take our transatlantic and understand I'll have to call as soon as we're on the ship. Was wondering, though, are the Chef's Table nights all scheduled on At Sea Days? My concern is the very long port days in the Med; I would hate to be exhausted on the day of the Chef's Table. If there are 3 during the course of the cruise, are you given a choice or do you just take what you're given?

I'm looking forward to doing the Chef's Table when we take our transatlantic and understand I'll have to call as soon as we're on the ship. Was wondering, though, are the Chef's Table nights all scheduled on At Sea Days? My concern is the very long port days in the Med; I would hate to be exhausted on the day of the Chef's Table. If there are 3 during the course of the cruise, are you given a choice or do you just take what you're given?

When we were on the Emerald last month all the Chef's Tables were on sea days. We were told which one we were scheduled for and that date was okay with us. So I don't know if you can pick or choose.

Archived