Family Cruise to Alaska

ZAMOST

I have seen anything on here about royal caribbean's itinerary. Does anyone have any reason not to do the Seattle round trip itinerary on the Rhapsody to Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm, Prince Rupert?

Although the ship is great, I've been on it 3 times, with a 4th coming up in 3 weeks, the itinerary isn't one I would choose. You have a very slim chance of glacier viewing with Tracy Arm, and it is far better seen via a boat tour, not a cruise ship.

I cruised on Rhapsody this summer. Nice ship, great crew, and I loved the ports. But if glacier viewing is a priority it is definitely a weak itinerary - now if you just want to see scenery Tracy Arm is gorgeous even if you can't get all the way into see the Sawyers.

Agree with every thing she has said. But with all due respect, and any one who has posted here over 20,000 times has my highest respect. Let me just take a different approach.

To see and do an Alaska cruise without sailing Glacier Bay and College Fjord is doing yourself an injustice. They are marvelous. But you can't do it round trip you will have to go in and out either Vancouver or Anchorage. These are both wonderful cities to see also.

Alaska is very addictive and one of the more scenic places on earth. We will be doing it again 4th time next August Island Princess last aft cabin Caribe deck with a view of everything.

GERTZ

Princess Elite

Great job Jimmie.

We are considering Princess Alaska in late July-early Aug. Have you done all your Alaska cruises on Princess? I was considering round trip golden Princess out of Seattle, but will now reconsider because GLacier Bay is not included. Really need to go back and look at ports. Pat

We are considering Princess Alaska in late July-early Aug. Have you done all your Alaska cruises on Princess? I was considering round trip golden Princess out of Seattle, but will now reconsider because GLacier Bay is not included. Really need to go back and look at ports. Pat

Princess does a better job on their one ways, in my opinion. If glaciers are a priority, you can add some type of glacier tour, if you stay with Princess?? NCL is definately the winner with Tracy Arm and their exclusive add on Jet boat tour. One of the best options available.

With any cruise choice, consider looking at , ports, time in ports, route, glacier, ship naturalist (can greatly enhance your trip), and price. :)

Have preliminarily decided on:

Juneau: Glacier trek through Above and Beyond Alaska

Ketchikan: Probably kayaking, does anyone have any information that really separates out the different companies?

Skagway: Am tempted to rent a van and drive into the Yukon.

Any thoughts?

Have preliminarily decided on:

Juneau: Glacier trek through Above and Beyond Alaska

Ketchikan: Probably kayaking, does anyone have any information that really separates out the different companies?

Skagway: Am tempted to rent a van and drive into the Yukon.

Any thoughts?

I have gone with Southeast Kayaks a few times, long time well run company out of Ketchikan. The Klondike Highway self drive is a consistantly raved about Skagway touring option. :)

Zamost: Just to add to your comment on when adult kids should begin to pay - We are cruising in late May with our son (age 27 and his SO (25) and our daughter and SIL (both 29) and their baby daughter. We also enjoy family trips as we all get along well and like each other's company. We are giving each of the couples $500 at Christmas towards the cruise, and paying for one night pre cruise stay also as a Christmas present. They know they have to come up with the rest. Two years ago on a trip to Costa Rica, we paid for the accommodation ( a condo), the food, and about half of the air. Now they are two years older so we are trying to help them out but also loosening the strings. Hopefully, the next trip they can pay their own way!

Archived