Destiny - Deck/Cabin Differences?

Hi,

My partner and I are going on the Thomson Destiny next March for our honeymoon.

We are currently booked into an outside cabin on deck 2/3. I tried to book at cabin on deck 3 (front of ship) but was told today there is only one bookable cabin left and it was noted on the system that it was noisy and suffered alot from vibration. So I said no, as I am a light sleeper so would not be able to cope if it was that bad.

The travel agent suggested upgrading to an outside deck 4/5 at the cost of £160 each.

We are not sure if it will be worth it? Are there any differences in cabin style? Do you get a good view out of the window? My partner would like to be able to look at the port.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has stayed on deck 4/5 before and can recommend a cabin that would be great.

Thanks

Gill :)

If you can wait till 22 Dec when we come back from the Tropical Transatlantic cruise I'll be able to give you an idea.

I'm sure the last time we sailed on the Destiny we had a Deck 2 outside which was quiet.

Hi vibe_uk:)

We've had an outside deck 5 cabin both times on the Destiny and have booked the same again for March 2009.

I don't know if the cabin styles are any different the higher you go. The cabins on the Destiny are not as big as on their other ships, but as we spend very little time in it, it doesn't really bother us.

If you want a twin you get a choice of an L shape bed position or a parallel set up. Not sure how many doubles there are. We always go for an L shape twin cos I try to get away from the other half's snoring - he he!!

If you pre-book your cabin you can ask the Thomson advisor to make sure that there is no restricted view. We've always had a perfectly clear view from our window so we can see every new port as we arrive.

What date are you travelling in March?

Regards

Janet:cool:

Thanks for your replies.

We are travelling on the 22nd March cruise for 2 weeks. We can't wait!!

We just can't decide whether we should pay the extra as we have already upgraded to AI so we can just relax and enjoy ourselves and not worry about a bar bill , not that we both drink that much anyway!

I can't seem to find many reason why a deck 4/5 cabin would be better except for the noise factor.

Arrhh to many decisions to be made!

Hi Vibe_uk:)

Looks like we will be on the same cruise. We are also going on the 22nd March for 2 weeks. We've also upgraded to AI basically for the same reason.

I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever you choose.

Janet:rolleyes:

Hi, we had an inside cabin on deck 5, right at the 'front pointy bit' as I call it!

The cabin size and interior was no different to any on deck 2,3 or 4. But there is a hell of a lot of movement in this area. If movement doesn't bother you, or you relaly like it.. then great. But be warned.

Have checked our 2006 cruise on the Destiny and we were allocated cabin 2084 which was midships, we never had a problem with noise.

To be perfectly frank I would suggest that for the first couple of nights you may have a problem with different sounds and smells but you really do adjust and settle in and let's face it you won't be in there all that long ;)

Hope you both have a fantastic honeymoon :)

Archived