Hotel for the day & restaurant suggestions

txsloth

We have a nice long day in St. Martin on our upcoming cruise. I've heard that in St. Kitts many people will reserve a room for the day at the Marriott resort and get access to their private beach, etc. Does anyone recommend anything similar in St. Martin (preferably near Orient Beach)?

Also, since we don't sail until 11pm, I want to make reservations at a French restaurant--suggestions anyone? I don't want to completely break the bank with this meal, just gently bruise it. Thanks!

Since there are no hotel suggestions, what about a place near Orient Beach that has a locker room and (clean, private) showers that are open to the public so we won't have to go all the way back to the ship to get cleaned up for dinner?

As for restaurants, I'm leaning toward a place in Grand Case. However, we've never been to Marigot--should we pick a place there just so we can say we've been to Marigot?

I was going to suggest Le Escargot. We had lunch there when we stopped in St. Martin, but it is in Phillipsburg. Looks like you are planning on being on the "other side" of the island. But here is the link if you would like to check it out.

http://www.lescargotrestaurant.com/home.html

Otherwise, here is a link to some suggested restaurant by Grand Case. I haven't been to any of these, just thought it would be a place for you to start check out restaurants.

http://www.grandcasebeachclub.com/dining.htm

Archived