Pre Cruise Hotel/ROME Oct. 2005

Carnival is offering Hilton Airport Rome for the pre cruise pkg.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It is 5 yrs. old and I understand it is the only hotel out at the airport. They offer free shuttle into the city, then we can taxi around. Any comments will be appreciated. We will be there Oct. 22 and 23, 2005.

Just my opinion, but I would highly recommend that you stay in Rome. Even though you will have a shuttle and can use taxis, I don't think you will enjoy the ambience and beauty of Rome nearly as much if you stay at the airport. I think this is especially true if this is your first trip to Rome. I've said elsewhere that the pub crawls are popular in London, but in Rome, it's all about the fountain crawl. The airport is way away from everything else, and I don't think it's a good location. Also, the taxis are very unreliable, and I have another post on this site detailing our experiences with that. It will take some planning on your part to do your own pre-cruise trip planning, but it will be well worth it in the long run, and the hotel experience will be better too. Our favorite for location, price, service, and decor is the Hotel Britannia, and you'll find some other good recommendations on this site if you decide to go independent.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip.

Donna

Archived