Question about insurance

I have been on two cruises and gearing up for my third one. In the past we didn't get insurance, which was a mistake. My father had some issues at the time we thought it was his heart but turned out not to be serious. We wasn't for sure if everything was going to work out but it did, we got to go. My question is which do you prefer getting insurance thru Carnival or a differant company.

Outside insurance. Check out insuremytrip.com You can compare several different policies in various price ranges. They can also cover your whole vacation if you make additional travel plans seperate from Carnival, like air or an additional hotel stay. (I'm sure others will point out other sites that offer a similar service.)

The one exception I did find is if you have a short/really low priced cruise and still want insurance, probably mainly for medical reasons. The cruiseline policy may be lower than the starting price of the independent policies.

Outside insurance. Check out insuremytrip.com You can compare several different policies in various price ranges. They can also cover your whole vacation if you make additional travel plans seperate from Carnival, like air or an additional hotel stay. (I'm sure others will point out other sites that offer a similar service.)

The one exception I did find is if you have a short/really low priced cruise and still want insurance, probably mainly for medical reasons. The cruiseline policy may be lower than the starting price of the independent policies.

Thank you.

Archived