Stingray City Tour

royandjenn

Hello,

We were wanting to take a tour to see the stingrays with our daughters... I have been looking, and there is only the Eli tour, which he wants 170 for each of us, even our ten year old girls. That is wayyyyy too much money for us! I saw one other where you drive around the island and then to stingray city, and that's all I could find. Does anyone know of any other tours by boat that go to stingray city? Thank you very much!

To get to the stingray city from the ship area you will have to go about 14 miles up the coast and 14 miles back by boat. I think you are right that there is only one tour doing that run at the moment although they go right around the whole island making the stop at stingray city just for one hour in between the cruise ship stops. All of the regular cruise tour bookings that visit stingray city get to the area by taxi and bus first before making the short run to the park area. Those are usually 3 hour round trip tours from the cruise ship area and they are way cheaper. I think booking thru the ship is best for you in order to make it affordable.

Thank you very much for the info. We might do the one where they tour the island a bit, and then go to stingray city. I am told by many that Antigua is a beautiful island. Do you know anything about the pirate ship tour? We were thinking about doing two tours the one day... I have heard that the pirate ship is usually packed full of people... do you know?

Thanks alot again!!!!!

the black swan can be packed, but most of the time I think it isn't too bad. I am sure that if you do both those tours it will be almost as much as the original option that was too expensive. For sure there is more of a party on the Black Swan though.

To get to the stingray city from the ship area you will have to go about 14 miles up the coast and 14 miles back by boat. I think you are right that there is only one tour doing that run at the moment although they go right around the whole island making the stop at stingray city just for one hour in between the cruise ship stops. All of the regular cruise tour bookings that visit stingray city get to the area by taxi and bus first before making the short run to the park area. Those are usually 3 hour round trip tours from the cruise ship area and they are way cheaper. I think booking thru the ship is best for you in order to make it affordable.

How much is it to visit stingray city if you book once you step off the ship?

Archived