Free drinks/juices on Costa Fortuna ???

doxiegal

We will be sailing on the Costa Fortuna on 1-4-09. I was wondering what drink are included for free. Do they have lemonade and fruit punch like Carnival? Also, does anyone know how much the soda card is for the 7nt cruise? Thanks in advance

Juice and non-bottled water are free at the buffet.

The only drink package that I am aware of is the X1 card which gives you free beer, wine, soda and bottled water during meal times in the restaurants and buffet.

It cost me around $110 for an 8 night cruise.

You have to book it in advance.

Do you know what types of juices are available in the buffet area? And is this only available during lunch & dinner hours? Also, do you know if we can carry on a couple 12pks of soda? We have always done this with Carnival & RCCL and never had a problem. Thanks Again.

Orange and Apple juice was available at the buffet and you did not need a drink package for them. I think there was lemonade as well but I am not certain.

As far as carrying on items, we always brought beer on from the ports and never had a problem, we just put it in a bag or a backpack and there never was an issue.

Costa Security seemed more intent on searching its employees and the Italians more than searching us. They would X-ray our bags but never once took our beer away. They did however seize lots from the Italians for some reason. It was strange. I am not sure why they targeted the Italians so much.

We never tried to bring on soda.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi-

We sailed on the Costa Fortuna on 12-21-08, and found that at the breakfast buffet only you could get reconstituted orange drink (hesitate to call it juice) from the dispenser machine. After breakfast it was no longer available. One nice touch was the self serve hot milk available in the mornings too. Otherwise, the following was available all day from the self-serve buffet--cold water, hot water, decaf and regular coffee. Lots of tea bags, hot chocolate packets too. All sodas or other juices had to come from the bar service attendant.

Enjoy your cruise, wish we could go back again!

Susan

Sorry--

Forgot to add that in the terminal at Fort Lauderdale we had to hand over all disposable plastic water bottles, whether empty or full. I actually stood there during the 2 hour wait to embark (be prepared!) and drank the water in a whole bottle, but I still had to throw out the empty container! My brother got through with his thick plastic refillable water bottle (find them in sporting goods stores) so that wasn't a problem. And any alcohol like wine or hard liquor could be given to the security screeners who then arranged to have it sent to your cabin. Anyway, I'm not sure it they would allow you to take soda or juice in bottles on the ship. Maybe cans though? Good luck.

Susan

That's weird that they made you throw out the empty water bottles. We were planning on taking a few of these on board with us, for refills and such. We are going to pack some 2 liters of soda in our luggage. Hopefully, this will not get confiscated. Can't wait to get on board. We leave tomorrow, and are staying in FLL pre cruise for the night. Did you enjoy the ship? How was the food and entertainment? This is our first time on Costa, so we are unsure what to expect.

Orange and Apple juice was available at the buffet and you did not need a drink package for them. I think there was lemonade as well but I am not certain.

As far as carrying on items, we always brought beer on from the ports and never had a problem, we just put it in a bag or a backpack and there never was an issue.

Costa Security seemed more intent on searching its employees and the Italians more than searching us. They would X-ray our bags but never once took our beer away. They did however seize lots from the Italians for some reason. It was strange. I am not sure why they targeted the Italians so much.

We never tried to bring on soda.

Thanks for the Input...................If the juice, pop, etc is free at the buffet, then what are the hours of the buffet.

So as long as you go to the buffet for a drink, it will be free like the food. I'm not trying to be cheap as such, but neither my wife or I drink alcohol, so we are trying to figure out what would be the best value for us.

Thanks for the help

Rick

Archived