Being single on New Years Cruise?

thepumpkin

Has any one done a New Years Cruise as a single? I have just entered my 40s so not so much in the party scene now. I noticed some good rates for cruises out of Los Angeles and San Diego for that week but concerned it might be all families with young kids and much younger singles. There are cheap rates on Celebrity out of San Juan but that is a long flight. I have not been on Carnival for over 10 years so am not sure what to expect.

I would appreciate any advice.

Has any one done a New Years Cruise as a single? I have just entered my 40s so not so much in the party scene now. I noticed some good rates for cruises out of Los Angeles and San Diego for that week but concerned it might be all families with young kids and much younger singles. There are cheap rates on Celebrity out of San Juan but that is a long flight. I have not been on Carnival for over 10 years so am not sure what to expect.

I've never sailed over New Years as the costs can be VERY high. I do sail solo, however, and I love it. There always a meet & mingle for solos to get folks together.

There are tons of other singles of pretty much every age group. Do it! You'll love it!!!

:)

I have not been on Carnival for over 10 years so am not sure what to expect.

You might like to read my review of a 4 day cruise on Paradise that I took as a solo cruiser.

I had no problem at all being a "single"...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=626010

Both Paradise and Elation are great ships for solo cruisers.

Just the right size to have as much socializing as you want, or as much quiet time as you want.

Not such giant ships that you "get lost" in the crowds.

4 and 5 days will be a bit more "mature" people than the 3 days.

Enjoy!

I'm cruising on the Paradise with Patty over New Years. I cruised solo the 1st New Years cruise I took in 2006. I was hooked. I had the best time! Took my ds & dd and a friend last year and doing the same this year. You will meet plenty of people, it is really festive!! If you decide to do the Paradise over New Years come look us up on the roll call board! You for sure will have a great time then~ Oh yeah and I was 45 when I went solo that year.:eek:

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Archived