Car Rental Question

krznkim

I know this has been answered - but can't find it... Flying into Long Beach on a Saturday.. Staying at San Pedro Crown Plaza... Would it be easier to rent a car??? Does Crown Plaza have shuttle to Long Beach? Would need to return car on Sunday.

I know this has been answered - but can't find it... Flying into Long Beach on a Saturday.. Staying at San Pedro Crown Plaza... Would it be easier to rent a car??? Does Crown Plaza have shuttle to Long Beach? Would need to return car on Sunday.

If you are just staying at the Crowne Plaza for Saturday night to Sunday to cruise out of Long Beach -there is no need to rent a car if you don't want to...

Just take a taxi from Long Beach airport to Crowne Plaza, then Crowne Plaza will shuttle you to the Long Beach pier for your cruise.

The only reason you would need or want to rent a car, is if you are getting in very early and planning on taking a big long drive to Hollywood and back or something.

If you do decide to rent a car, then there are car rental places right at Long Beach airport, and there is an Enterprise on the ground floor of the Crowne Plaza.

We are renting a car at John Wayne and returning it at Budget at Long Beach, which is open on Sundays, which, from what I have been told, should be right by the pier. Husband will drop me and kids off at pier, go drop off the car, and catch a ride back to pier. The other rental car agencies directly in the pier area that I checked into were not open on Sundays.

• 3 weeks later...
Husband will drop me and kids off at pier, go drop off the car, and catch a ride back to pier.

Hi,

I'm thinking about doing the same. Do you know how your husband will be getting back to the pier? Taxi? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
We are renting a car at John Wayne and returning it at Budget at Long Beach, which is open on Sundays, which, from what I have been told, should be right by the pier. Husband will drop me and kids off at pier, go drop off the car, and catch a ride back to pier. The other rental car agencies directly in the pier area that I checked into were not open on Sundays.

Did this work for you???

I'm planning same thing in April and need to know. Thank you!

Yes. We picked up the car at LAX, then returned in at Budget in downtowon Long Beach. Instead of my husband dropping us of, all three of us ended up taking the taxi to the port. The Budget office called the taxi for us, and it came within a couple of minutes (actually, a couple of taxis came at once). It was seamless and easy, and we had a 2 y.o. with us!

Yes. We picked up the car at LAX, then returned in at Budget in downtowon Long Beach. Instead of my husband dropping us of, all three of us ended up taking the taxi to the port. The Budget office called the taxi for us, and it came within a couple of minutes (actually, a couple of taxis came at once). It was seamless and easy, and we had a 2 y.o. with us!

I am thinking of doing something similar for our March 28 cruise on Princess Sapphire. Do you remember how much the taxi cost?

Just to clarify things' date=' the Sapphire sails out of San Pedro (the World Cruise Center at the Port of LA) and not out of Long Beach.[/quote']

Yes, that is correct. I am trying to decide between renting from Enterprise in San Pedro (1.6 miles away) or Budget in Long Beach (6.7 miles away). Enterprise is closer, but charges a $40 one-way rental fee. Budget is farther away, but does not charge extra for a one-way rental.

Archived