Meixo or CA time for Mexico arrival/Spirit?

cruzrmomma

Trying to arrange a tour in Ixtapa. The ships says 9:00 a.m. arrival, but Ixtapa is on Mtn. time, so does that mean we actually arrive 11:00 a.m. Mexico time? That seems very late.

If anyone has done the spirit recently and knows, this would be helpful!

It will be a ship time arrival... arrival 9am ship time is 10am local time.

Here's how it works: when you leave SD you will be on PST, then the second night you turn your clock ahead 1 hour. The ports are yet another hour ahead. Confusing? Yes - I guess they decided making everyone turn theor clocks ahead 2 hours would be too much. Always stay on ship time... .

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned home from the Spirit 12/14. I can answer some questions you may have about this pariticular cruise.

When you are trying to arrange a tour on your own, just tell them the time your brochure has. The entire town knows when the ships come in and they will adjust to the ship time for you.

One thing I can tell you about Zi/Ixtapa, DO NOT book the city tour through the boat. It was boring at best.

However, the dolphin encounter through the ship was fabulous!

Zi/Ixtapa was the only port where we booked through the ship because of tendering. We booked private tours in Acapulco and Manzanillo.

Archived