? about getting off ship in time for non-ship excursion

ljandiernp

Hi,

I have been offered a chance to go snorkeling in Bonaire with a private guide. Ship's arrival is 0700; she would take us at 0730 for 2 hours. Has also offered 1030, for 2 hours, but I am a little concerned about getting back to ship on time for 1 PM (1300) departure. If I have an early excursion booked with a private guide, can I expect to be allowed off the ship in a timely manner to meet her? I have only taken ship-based excursions until now, and never this early, so I am not sure how to decide. Thanks, Laurie

As long as the ship docks on time, shouldn't be an issue if you are waiting at the gangway at arrival time and are one of first passengers off. The port is very small and easy to locate tours waiting at the dock.

Hi,

I have been offered a chance to go snorkeling in Bonaire with a private guide. Ship's arrival is 0700; she would take us at 0730 for 2 hours. Has also offered 1030, for 2 hours, but I am a little concerned about getting back to ship on time for 1 PM (1300) departure. If I have an early excursion booked with a private guide, can I expect to be allowed off the ship in a timely manner to meet her? I have only taken ship-based excursions until now, and never this early, so I am not sure how to decide. Thanks, Laurie

You must be meeting Renee. I know because we have the identical situation. We will be meeting her at 7:30 also. I am a little concerned, also,so if you would please come back to this thread and let me know how it goes for you I would appreciate it!:D I was also wondering if we would have enough timeto do a taxi tour to see the salt flats and slave huts after and not cut it too close for getting back to the ship.

Hi, I am supposed to be meeting Renee and I have been assured by another passenger who went with her under the same time schdule that all went well. My Princess TA also said to just get to the gangway and be ready to get off the ship; she recommended that I make arrangements once on the ship for an early excursion departure. I will keep this link and try to remember to post when I get back and let you know what arrangements I am able to make. Laurie

Hi, I am supposed to be meeting Renee and I have been assured by another passenger who went with her under the same time schdule that all went well. My Princess TA also said to just get to the gangway and be ready to get off the ship; she recommended that I make arrangements once on the ship for an early excursion departure. I will keep this link and try to remember to post when I get back and let you know what arrangements I am able to make. Laurie

Yes, please do report back. I did not know you could arrange an early excursion departure when you were on an independent tour. I would like to know how that works. Have a great time!:D

We're just back from Bonaire and went snorkeling with Renee. She is fantastic...well worth the money. Go! She is very reliable and you probably won't be more than a 5-minute drive from the ship. Just let her know when you have to be back.

Archived