St. Pete/Tampa hotel?

HappyStamper

We (DH & I) will be landing in St. Petersburg late the evening before our cruise departs from Tampa. Since we will be arriving near bedtime I really don't care about anything more than a clean comfy bed. Can you recommend an inexpensive hotel near the airport or terminal?

The Sailport is in a very nice area that is all hotels, office buildings and a few restaurants. Transportation to the pier is best achieved by taxi. It will cost between $20 and $25. The hotel provides free transfers to Tampa airport. Its not the fanciest nor newest hotel, but it has recently been refurbished and it is right on Tampa Bay with beautiful views. Walking to the restaurants would be a stretch, but none are open for breakfast, that I can think of, but the hotel might provide free transportation within a short distance.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Legend. We stayed at the Chase Suites and they supplied airport transfers and port transfers. The port transfers were 20 a room roundtrip. Our shuttle driver even made a store run for us on the way to the port. Check it out, I loved it.

Archived