arriving new years eve hotel ???

goldencruiser

Hi,

We will be arriving by air into New Orleans around 10:15pm on New Years eve. Our cruise leaves the next day. Would we be better off staying by the airport that night or will we be able to get to a hotel by the convention center area without any trouble that night. I am worried about the crowds. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Hi,

We will be arriving by air into New Orleans around 10:15pm on New Years eve. Our cruise leaves the next day. Would we be better off staying by the airport that night or will we be able to get to a hotel by the convention center area without any trouble that night. I am worried about the crowds. Any suggestions??

Well it may take you a few minutes more to get to the convention center area than it will on a Sunday afternoon, but it shouldn't be the major problems that you have at Mardi Gras when streets are closed. The major crowds will be in the French Quarter - on Bourbon Street and around Jackson Square. If it were me I'd go for the convention center area.

I don't know about getting around at 10 pm - I know the celebration is on Jackson Square at midnight. There are cruise deals for parking car at airport and even in the garden district (maybe better choice). Come join our roll call - looking forward to cruising on 1/1 :)

A taxi will cost the same wherever you stay and they can get to the convention center area without too much trouble. There are a number of hotels in that area.

Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard convention center locations all seem to be about the same price (at least on one Internet search engine) and have availability. Most have more than one location, so make sure you pick the convention center location.

Hampton Inn should have a free shuttle to the port.

If you call the hotels directly, you may or may not be able to get a better rate and try for any discounts that you may qualify for.

Archived